What kind of tonic for the face is better to choose?
Skin care is necessary for all, without exception, and if we are talking about a face, then it is worth being especially responsible and attentive, because it is always in sight of everyone, and any flaws immediately become noticeable to everyone around. There are many facial skin care products. One of them is tonic. And why is it needed and how to choose it?
What is it and why?
Tonic is a very important face skin care product. Here are the functions that it performs:
- Tonic removes the remnants of cosmetics, as well as dirt and dust from the surface of the face.
- This tool also cleans the pores and tightens them.
- Substances included in the composition, refresh the skin, tone it up (hence the name that says).
- The components of this tool help to maintain the natural acid balance of the skin.
- Tonic prepares the skin to apply the cream.
- Almost all tonics have antiseptic, disinfectant and anti-inflammatory effects that help eliminate inflammation.
- Also, this tool has a moisturizing effect on the skin.
- There is a regenerating effect.
How to make a choice?
How to choose the best tonic for the face? When buying this tool you need to pay attention to several important points. Let us dwell on each.
First of all, decide for what exactly you need such a tool. Depending on the purpose, the following types are distinguished:
- Moisturizing tonic allows to eliminate excessive dryness of the skin and prevent its peeling. As part of this tool contains special moisturizing ingredients.
- Cleansing tonic will remove from the surface of the skin, first, the remains of cosmetics, and secondly, the dust and dirt settled on the face of the day.
- Nutritional tonic is necessary for girls with thin and damaged skin, as well as ladies at a more mature age with a fading and flabby skin. The composition of such funds include special components that stimulate the production of those responsible for the elasticity of collagen and elastin.
- Knitting tonics mostly contain alcohol, which dries the skin and at the same time disinfects it, which reduces the production of sebum and reduces its quantity.
- Whitening tonic will help to smooth and refresh skin color.
- Tonic of black spots allows you to clean the pores and eliminate inflammation.
- Matting tonic will have to by the way in the event that there is such a problem as the oily shine of the skin.
- Refreshing tonic. The composition of such funds usually include soft ingredients that help refresh the skin.
- Combined tonics can have several effects at once, for example, to cleanse and eliminate greasiness or to moisturize and relieve inflammation.
When buying this product, be sure to consider your skin type. Otherwise, you risk worsening her condition. There are several options:
- Tonic for normal skin is designed to support the production of sebum, as well as water balance and natural pH. Such agents may also contain natural nutritional components, for example, vitamins and plant extracts.
- Tonics for oily skin should reduce and control the production of sebum, as well as eliminate its excess from the surface. The composition of such funds may include alcohol, salicylic acid, as well as extracts of green tea or calendula.
- Means for problem skin prone to acne should, firstly, disinfect the surface, secondly, eliminate inflammation, and thirdly, prevent clogging and contamination of pores.There must certainly contain anti-inflammatory components.
- Tonic for dry skin should moisturize it as much as possible. Moisturizing can provide natural oils and other similar components.
- Means for mature skin. They contain the nutritional components necessary for the return of elasticity and freshness. These can be vitamins, amino acids, collagen, and so on.
- Tonics for combination skin should simultaneously remove excess sebum in problem areas (for example, in the so-called T-zone), but not dry areas that are prone to dryness.
And what about the composition?
Be sure to examine the composition of the tool. This is what may be included:
- Vitamins and minerals. They are necessary for our skin, without them the condition of the epidermis will worsen. Especially important are vitamins A and E, as well as some others.
- Herbal ingredients, for example, green tea extract, natural oils (olive, almond, burdock and others), lavender extract and so on.
- Moisturizing ingredients. The most commonly used lipids, ceramides, squalane, cholesterol, triglycerides and others. All this is useful for dry skin.
- Emulsifiers and surface-active substances (surfactants) are necessary in order to deliver the components of the tonic in the deeper layers of the epidermis.
- Fruit acids (for example, citric or grape), firstly, help to remove impurities, and secondly, contribute to the dissolution of the upper layer of the skin, consisting of dead and dead skin cells.
- As part of many tools you can find alcohol. It has an antiseptic effect and dries the skin, but it can disrupt the pH and water balance, so the alcohol content should not exceed 20-30%.
We study opinions
We offer some feedback on some of the tools:
- "Nivea". This tool is inexpensive, has a pleasant smell, does not irritate the skin. But here to get rid of acne is unlikely to succeed. And some after drying feel tightness on the face.
- "Garnier." Many people like this product: it has a pleasant smell, is convenient to apply, and also improves the condition of the skin.
- "Lancome"Like many, this tonic is suitable for almost all skin types. Means does not cause irritations or an allergy.
- “Vichy” is a tool that fights with shine and does it very successfully.In addition, the skin is cleansed and its color improves.
- L’oreal.This tool is like almost everyone who used it.
How to make at home?
If you do not want to buy tonic in the store, you can make homemade. Here are a few recipes:
- To prepare a tonic for dry skin, mix a glass of mineral water with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Matting tonic. Dissolve a tablespoon of natural sea salt in a glass of mineral water.
- You can make a tonic against acne. To do this, mix two tablespoons of cucumber juice and aloe juice and add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- To prepare a tonic for sensitive skin, add a couple drops of chamomile essential oil to the milk (take two tablespoons).
- The composition of the tonic for dry skin will include oils. Mix a tablespoon of apricot oil with a teaspoon of wheat germ oil and a teaspoon of jojoba oil, and add 3-4 drops of rose essential oil.
Choose the best tonic for yourself or cook it at home, and your skin will be perfect!
We knit a backpack of knitted yarn: 5 interesting variants of backpacks
How to make crafts on May 9 - 15 options
Barley porridge - simple, but very tasty
Wooden entrance doors
Who brought back the stripes to fashion and how to wear them