What should be the food during gastritis?
In view of the characteristics and rhythm of modern life, we now and then encounter diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and gastritis, perhaps, does belong to a variety of the most common ailments. Non-observance of the wakefulness regime, the eternal "snacks on the go", fast foods, bad habits - all this quickly leads to a painful outcome.
To deal with gastritis is quite possible, for this, if you have the first symptoms, you need to contact a gastroenterologist, who will prescribe a list of necessary tests and examinations, and after that - a treatment program.
In order for the treatment to be complete, and the process of alleviation should begin, as soon as possible, it is important to adhere to special rules of therapeutic nutrition, and during the exacerbation of the ailment - rather strict and dietary. Before you rush into battle and draw up a nutrition plan, you should take into account that gastritis can be of two types - with high and low acidity, which, in many respects, determines which products you can and even need, and which ones to use is not recommended.
Determine what kind of acidity, only a specialist can, based on the analysis, so relying on "maybe" in such a situation is not worth it: malnutrition not only will not bring benefits, but also easily be able to worsen the situation.
The principles of therapeutic nutrition for any type of gastritis are primarily based on the method of cooking: they must all be steamed, cooked or baked in an oven in foil (if a crust is formed, then it must be removed).
Any kind of fried, spicy, pickled or canned food is not allowed to be consumed, the same applies to smoked meat, baking and spices. From the diet, especially in the period of exacerbation, it is necessary to eliminate too hot and very cold dishes, as well as greatly reduce the level of salt intake, which contributes to fluid retention in the body, and also strongly irritates the already diseased mucous membrane of the stomach.
For any gastritis, the fractional feeding system is welcome: you need to eat about 5-6 times a day, while it is important that the portions are small, and after eating there is no feeling of heaviness.The recommended daily rate of caloric intake of food should vary between 2500-3000 calories.
Naturally, a therapeutic diet involves giving up alcohol, in addition, you will have to give up coffee and strong black tea. After consulting a doctor, you can determine which type of diet is suitable for your particular case, because each of them has its own specific goals and helps to normalize the level of acidity.
Gastritis with high acidity
Food with such a diagnosis should be aimed at reducing the production of gastric juice, which, because of the aggressiveness of its composition, literally “eats away” the mucous walls of your stomach. What products are on the ban list?
- All those that contribute to the increased secretion of gastric juice, that is, cabbage, citrus fruits, various sauces (especially sour) and mushrooms, sparkling water and fresh bread.
- In addition, you should avoid foods that, because of their structure, can damage the already damaged walls of the stomach. This is mainly food rich in pronounced fiber fibers, for example, stringy fatty meat, radishes and radishes, turnips, and muesli.
- Most cereals for patients with gastritis - this is a real salvation, but there are those that are not allowed to use during the exacerbation: barley, pearl barley and pea.
- Excluded sweet, especially chocolate, candy, butter biscuits.
And what is still possible?
- Lean meat and fish cooked on steamed or baked in foil - without cartilage and skin. Ideal - chicken, rabbit, river fish.
- From milk products, fatty milk is allowed, preferably home-made and boiled: cow, goat, sheep. Yogurt, non-acidic curd and cream are also allowed.
- Most types of cereals, especially buckwheat and oatmeal in milk, ideally, they should be wiped and semi-viscous.
- From vegetables allowed boiled beets, squash, pumpkin, spinach, carrots, tomatoes without peel, as well as greens (parsley, dill, salad).
- Fruits and berries - in limited quantities and on a full stomach. Apples, pears - it is better in the garbled form, strawberries, raspberries.
- Eggs - limited, 2-3 pieces per week and preferably only in the form of protein.
- Soups with vegetables or cereals - in a worn form and without broth, after removing the aggravation - on a light or diluted broth.
- You can drink green and herbal teas, chamomile, peppermint infusions, natural juices from sweet berries.
With low acidity
As a result of the fall in acid concentration in the gastric juice, the food in the stomach begins to digest poorly, which, over time, affects the vital activity of almost the entire organism. Accordingly, with low secretion in your menu every day should be dominated by products that enhance the secretion of gastric juice.
Experts recommend to do this before each meal to drink a glass of medicinal mineral water. To promote the secretion of gastric juice, you need to chew slowly and thoroughly, as a result, at each meal you should take at least 30 minutes.
As in the previous case, you will have to exclude various “snacks” and fast foods from the daily diet, even despite the fact that they seem to provoke a sharp release of gastric juice. In principle, almost everything that is forbidden in the previous menu is also forbidden here, but there are some peculiarities: for example, citrus and white cabbage are added in limited quantities.
Useful products with reduced acidity are: gooseberry, honey, cowberries and tea based on burdock. From vegetables it is recommended to eat steamed broccoli, cauliflower, steamed or stewed carrots, beets. Again, meat and fish - only low-fat, without cartilage.
Unlike gastritis with high acidity, milk is not allowed here, however, on the contrary, it is allowed to use fermented milk products that stimulate the release of acid well. In limited quantities potatoes, as well as raw vegetables and fruits.
Buyer vs. HM, or Why brands do not sew large clothes
What is useful jade mat
Why are modern women better than men
Firsanovka life-housing which is only gaining momentum
11 Cannes Film Festival films worth the wait