What can be made of jeans?
Jeans have long been more than just clothes. It is unlikely that in a developing country you can find a person who does not have a pair of jeans. But, unfortunately, despite the durability of good quality denim material, sooner or later it wears out. If in this case it�s just a scuff, it's a pity to throw them out. Talk about what you can do with old jeans with your own hands.
If everything is not so sad with your jeans and they are torn at the very bottom, you can cut off the unwanted part by turning old jeans into shorts or breeches. If the problem is around the knee or higher, you can make new jeans out of old jeans by making holes in the right places, creating a trendy, worn out or worn jeans.
Making a bag of old jeans is easy.
For this you will need:
- sewing machine;
- Cut the legs to make shorts.
- Turn the received shorts inside out, slightly cut off the bottom and sew the front and back parts together. Fasten the bottom edge with pins, then stitch it on the typewriter.
- Unscrew, thread a side tie, a beautiful band or something like this into the side and front loops, fasten it in the middle with a brooch.
- If you want to make handles for bags and sew them.
You can make an interesting rug out of old jeans. If you have several multi-colored pairs of old jeans, you can sew a small carpet for a patchwork room.
You will need:
- jeans, denim skirts or jackets;
- needle and thread in tone denim.
- Cut off belts and pockets.
- Leg jeans cut into strips of 5-7 centimeters wide. If denim is dark, you can fringe the sides.
- Take three strips, at the base, fasten them with a thread with a needle.
- Now begin to weave a loose pigtail from our stripes, when weaving, do not forget to fold the strip in half.
- When the braid ends, sew new strips to the required length.
- After you have woven the desired length, lay out a pigtail in a circle, tightly sweeping the layers. So gradually you will form a round denim rug.
Other ideas for using old jeans
Handicrafts that can be made from old jeans can be quite diverse. Let's look at other creative ideas of what can be made of them:
- phone covers;
- pillows or covers on pillows;
- toys for your children or for children of friends;
- You can make a denim collar by additionally decorating it with rivets or rhinestones;
- table decorations such as decorative napkins;
- earrings, you can also sheathe denim material beads, build a brooch;
- book covers;
- stand under the hot;
- upholstery for furniture.
How to grow tomatoes
How to wear a crop top over clothing
Bunny toy with embroidery
What is CE certification and why does it apply
How to treat a skin burn