What are the properties of the plant clover?
In nature, incredibly many useful plants, and one of them - clover. Find out what properties it has, and how you can apply it for various purposes.
Melilot is a honey plant belonging to the family of legumes. It has long stems reaching 1.5 meters in height, elongated trifoliate green leaves and small flowers of white or yellow shade gathering in luxuriant tassels. After flowering, the fruits ripen, which are oval-shaped beans with seeds inside.
Melilot is common in Europe, Asia and even America, and in the wild it grows in fields and meadows, on the slopes of ravines, forest edges and near roads. There are many varieties of plants, but the most common are the white clover, yellow and medicinal.
The composition includes a large number of beneficial properties, such as glycosides, essential oils, tannins, flavonoids, sugars, proteins, mucus, coumarins, ascorbic acid, saponins, fatty oils, phosphorus, calcium, chromium, molybdenum, vitamins E and A.
We list the beneficial properties of the plant clover:
- The herb has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect, due to which it can be used to treat diseases of the inflammatory nature of the urogenital system, skin, respiratory organs. Donnik is used for furuncles, cystitis and pyelonephritis, bronchitis.
- The plant has sedative properties and a depressing effect on the nervous system, thereby reducing anxiety, improves sleep, increases stress resistance.
- It is worth noting the anticonvulsant and antispasmodic effects, which allow to eliminate muscle tension and vasospasm.
- Funds based on this herb help with migraines and unpleasant manifestations of menopause, such as weakness, hot flashes, fever or excessive sweating.
- With radiation therapy and radiation effects, clover helps to increase the volume of leukocytes contained in the blood, improving its composition and contributing to the speedy recovery from such a negative impact.
- It is an effective laxative that stimulates intestinal peristalsis and promotes the movement of feces through it.
- Melilot helps with diseases of the respiratory system, because it has not only an anti-inflammatory effect, but also an expectorant, helping to accelerate the excretion of sputum.
- The plant has a wound-healing effect and can be used for abrasions, cuts, burns and wounds, including purulent.
- Donnik helps to increase the pressure and stimulates the contractile activity of the heart muscle.
- The plant helps relieve rheumatism.
- Since it contains ascorbic acid, sweet clover helps to strengthen the immune system and reduces vascular fragility.
In what cases can a tributary harm?
Melilot is useful, but has some contraindications, which include periods of breastfeeding and pregnancy, serious liver and kidney disease, hypertension, child age, bleeding, individual intolerance, lower blood clotting and a tendency to allergies.
Harm is possible if the allowable dosages are exceeded, because the clover contains substances that can have toxic properties if they enter the body in significant quantities. Overdose can cause damage to the kidneys, central nervous system and liver, muscle tissue atrophy and paralysis, dyspeptic disorders (vomiting, flatulence, nausea), hemorrhage and bleeding, dizziness and headache.If at least one of these symptoms appears, you should immediately seek medical help and carry out a gastric lavage.
Collection and drying
This medicinal herb is collected during the peak flowering period, which falls on the middle of summer. Side and top ground shoots about 25 centimeters long, without coarse stems, are carefully cut off. It is better to harvest in fields or meadows, as the plant found near the side of the highway is unlikely to be environmentally friendly and useful. It is advisable to go for a tributary in sunny and clear weather, since it will quickly wither in high humidity.
It is necessary to dry the collected raw materials in a place protected from direct sunlight and preferably shaded in the open air, for example, on the terrace, in the gazebo, veranda or in the attic. Spread the grass with a thin layer on a surface covered with woven material or paper. To prevent wilting and speeding up the drying, mix and turn the raw materials regularly. It is also possible to use a dryer. The harvested sweet clover is stored in canvas bags or closed containers in a cool place for two years.
Application for therapeutic or prophylactic purposes can be done in different ways. Consider effective recipes:
- Infusion is used for insomnia, migraine, rheumatism, gout, headaches. It is prepared simply: two large spoons of dried raw material fill with 400 milliliters of freshly boiled water and leave to infuse for three hours, after which you strain. An infusion of one-third of a glass is taken half an hour before meals twice or three times a day.
- In case of inflammatory diseases, medicinal decoction is effective: 50 grams of raw materials are poured with a liter of hot water. The mixture boiled for ten minutes, left under the lid for half an hour, then filtered and two tablespoons taken after meals three times throughout the day.
- For breakdowns, nervous disorders and stress, use tincture. To obtain one hundred grams of dried grass of clover, pour 500 ml of alcohol diluted with water or vodka. Close the container and leave for two weeks in a cool place. Strain the tincture and take twenty drops before a meal.
- For external use in case of skin lesions and dermatological diseases, ointment is used.A glass of fresh flowers mixed with a hundred grams of vaseline or fat, hold for three days in the refrigerator, and then use to apply to lesions or inflammation.
Melilot can be used in cooking as a seasoning or flavoring: it goes well with fish, vegetables, meat. Allowed and use in cosmetology. Fresh torn grass, which should be chopped beforehand, add to homemade masks or ready-made cosmetics.
If you find a clover, then tear it, dry it and use it to improve your health.
American woman with Alicia Silverstone and another 6 new TV shows in June
How interesting to teach a lesson for preschoolers
Scenario celebrating the New Year 2016 in primary school
Mouse pictures for children
Valentine's Day salt dough wall panel
Country tips, or how much can you tolerate the tactlessness of others