What are fasting days for?
Many aspire to the ideal figure, but do not want to constantly limit themselves to food. But if there is everything, not paying attention to the calorie content of the products, then getting rid of excess weight is unlikely to succeed.
If you do not want to give up your favorite food for a long time, but plan to normalize body weight, consider this option as fasting days. But first, figure out how to properly conduct them.
What it is?
A fasting day is a kind of discharge for the body, during which it can get rid of everything unnecessary. On such a day, you should reduce the daily amount of calories, carbohydrates and fats consumed. In other words, fasting day is a one-day diet. There are many options for "unloading", so you can choose what is right for you.
Why do we need such days? Are they helpful?
So, as already noted, fasting days are necessary for weight reduction. This is their main goal. And what else is the use of such days? Here is what they can give our body:
- A sharp limitation of daily calorie intake is a rather noticeable shake-up for the body. And such a shake will speed up the metabolism and start the process of energy consumption and fat burning. With normal metabolism, weight loss will be more effective and quick.
- "Unloading" is useful for losing weight. It is clear that if the amount of consumed carbohydrates, calories and fat is reduced, then all this will have time to burn in a day. In addition, most likely, the body will begin to spend "stocks". For one shipment day you can get rid of 300-1500 grams of weight.
- Such a day will cleanse the body of toxins and toxins. All the excess will come out of the intestine in a natural way. But if there are no harmful substances in the body, then it will start working much better.
- This is a kind of rest for all organs and systems. A lot of energy is spent on food processing (especially heavy, high-calorie and fat). At the same time, not only the digestive system is involved in this process, but also some others, for example, the excretory system. And if you eat light foods for at least one day, the body will be able to get some rest.
- "Unloading" helps to normalize digestion.On such days, the intestines, the stomach, the pancreas and the liver are resting, which allows us to gradually improve the work of all these organs.
- You will not need to cook anything. Most fasting days involve eating simple meals or fresh unprocessed foods.
Is it harmful?
Can “unloading” cause harm? Yes, it is quite. And that's why it's best to consult a specialist, and then choose the best option for yourself.
We list some possible threats:
- Remember that there are contraindications. So, you should not risk with diabetes, as well as with some diseases of the digestive system. In addition, fasting days are contraindicated in the period of rehabilitation after serious illness. Do not arrange "unloading" for women during menstruation.
- During a fasting day you can feel weak and tired. Also, a decrease in working capacity and an increase in fatigue are possible. If you choose too hard an option and sharply limited your calorie, carbohydrate and fat intake, then dizziness may occur.
- In some cases, "unloading" can lead to an even greater weight gain.First, some fasting days involve the consumption of low-calorie foods in large quantities. Because of this, the stomach can stretch out, which means that the usual volume of servings will increase. Secondly, many, having survived the “hungry” day, try to catch up on the next day and begin to eat everything that occurs on the way. And this will undoubtedly lead to weight gain.
Types and options of fasting days
There are several types of fasting days, let's look at each of them in more detail.
“Hungry” days or “unloading”
Such days imply a sharp decrease in the daily calorie rate. The most rigid variant of such “unloading” is a day on the water. You should not use anything other than water.
For beginners and people with weak willpower, this option is not suitable. Instead of water, you can choose some low-calorie product, for example, fresh juice. But do not drink more than 1.5 liters. You can also arrange a fasting day on apples or cucumbers. The total caloric content of a “hungry” day should not exceed 500-900 calories.
The amount of calories consumed can be 1000-1500 calories, but not more.It is allowed to eat several foods, but certainly low-calorie. An example of such a “discharge” is a combination of vegetables and meat. Boil 400 grams of lean meat (veal, beef) and cook about 700-800 grams of fresh vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers).
Divide the total volume into 4-5 pieces. You also need to drink at least 1.5-2 liters of water. In addition, you can eat seafood with vegetables or, for example, cottage cheese with berries. Such "unloading" suitable for pregnant and lactating women.
This implies saturation of the body with carbohydrates and a reduction in the amount of fat, calories and proteins. Several variants:
- Fruit day. You will need to eat 1.5 kilograms of fresh fruit, dividing this amount into 5-6 doses. You can eat apples, pears, kiwi, oranges, tangerines and other low-calorie and not too sweet fruit.
- Vegetable day. During the day you can eat 1.5 kilograms of vegetables.
- Potato day. 1 kg of boiled potatoes divided into 5 receptions.
- Rice day. Boil 150 grams of dark unpolished rice and divide the amount into three parts.
- Unloading day on buckwheat. The total volume of boiled cereal is 400 grams.
We use protein food. You can eat boiled or steamed meat or fish, as well as cottage cheese. The daily rate of fish or meat is 400 grams, and cottage cheese - 500-600 grams. Remember that the cottage cheese should not be a lot of fat, the best option - 10%.
This option involves the use of fat. For example, for a day you can eat 200-300 grams of sour cream (20% fat) or cream.
How to spend fasting days?
There are some rules for carrying out unloading days:
- Do not unload on a day when a significant or important event is expected.
- Give up on the fasting day if you are under a lot of stress.
- On the day before the "unloading", refuse dinner, this will enhance the effect.
- With intensive loads (both mental and physical), such days are incompatible.
- The next day, monitor your appetite and do not "snap off" on food, otherwise there will be no effect. It is better to use light foods in small portions. Limit the intake of salty, fatty, flour and sweet.
- Do not forget about water! During the fasting day you need to drink at least 1.5-2 liters.
- Arrange "unloading" no more than one or two times a week, and also choose different options for fasting days.
Choose your perfect fasting day, follow the rules and you will see the result!
The best decorations of Cannes - 2017
Hide the wires under the computer desk
Spin into asana, as in that chic photo: you need it
Interesting dishes with honey marinade
Features of glass aprons