Top 10 most popular cheeses in the world
If you like cheese, you probably have already tried many different varieties. And which cheeses are the most popular and popular? Find out and definitely try what you have not tried yet!
The most popular and delicious cheeses
We bring to your attention the top 10 of the most delicious cheeses in the world:
1. Mozzarella- tasty and tender cheese hails from Italy. Traditionally, it was made from buffalo milk, but today the shops sell mozzarella from the usual cow milk. This cheese looks like white balls of small diameter, soaked in a weak brine.
The product is soft and very gentle, pleasant to the taste. When preparing such cheese, milk is first fermented with a special thermophilic lactic acid culture. Then it coagulates due to the rennet enzyme. After that, the whole composition is heated, and the whey is separated.
Then this mass is thoroughly and actively stirred, periodically dipping into hot water, until a homogeneous, sticky mass is formed.Then from the finished mass form balls, cubes, pigtails and much more. The finished cheese is placed in the solution in which it is stored. Shelf life is short, so it's best to eat Mozzarella as quickly as possible. Such cheese, by the way, can be added to salads.
2. Maskrapona.This cheese is more like a tender cream cheese or even yogurt. It tastes incredibly tender, slightly sweet. The consistency of the product is more like a curd mass.
The homeland of this product is Italy (in this country, in general make incredibly tasty cheeses). To make Maskrapon, 25-30% fat is first heated in a water bath to about 80 degrees, then lemon juice, vinegar or tartaric acid is added to coagulate milk protein.
After that, the mass is heated, then cooled and placed in a grid to remove the serum. Dietary such cheese just can not be called, but it is incredibly tasty. It often prepares desserts, the most popular of which is tiramisu.
3. brie- tender and soft cheese from cow's milk comes from France. Previously, it was only available to kings and rich people, but today everyone can taste it.Cheese is a cake with a thickness of 3 to 5-6 centimeters and a diameter equal to 30-60 centimeters.
This cake is covered with a noble white mold, which resembles white velvet (it is quite edible). The smell has an ammoniac shade. The taste of this cheese can vary from fruit to a pronounced mushroom (it all depends on the extract of the product). The consistency of Brie resembles melted cheese. Serving it is best not cold, but at room temperature. Brie is considered a versatile cheese, as it goes well with different drinks and foods.
4.The list includesParmesan. This is a hard cheese of long ripening. Some people think that the monks presented the recipe to the world in 1200. Since then, nothing has changed. The cheese is so hard that it can crumble when sliced. It tastes at the same time moderately spicy, brackish, piquant and tender. Manufacturing technology is difficult, and the maturation process is very long.
To get 1 kilogram of cheese usually takes about 16 liters of milk, and the maturation can take from one to three years. The older the product, the more pronounced the taste of hazelnut.
In the homeland of cheese, which is Italy, there are special people who determine the maturity of Parmesan with the help of silver hammers (they are called hearers).After a year of aging, the cheese is checked. Some are rejected, branded and cleaned (such a product can be sold, but under a different name), and some are sent to ripen for at least another year.
5. Kambotsola. It is made by the best cheese makers, Germany is the birthplace of the product. In general, this is a German cheese with mold, which combines the qualities of Italian Gorgonzola and French Camembert (the name, by the way, came from combining the names of these two varieties).
Patented such a product was one of the German companies in the 70s of the last century. For the manufacture of this cheese uses a specially prepared mold, and the softness and tenderness of the consistency is achieved by adding cream. The result is a delicate and delicious cheese with a mild acuity. It is best to eat such a product with fruit and after opening the flavor (for this purpose it is better to use it an hour after cutting).
6. Camembert- delicate French cheese with a fluffy white rind made from mold. It tastes tender and has mushroom notes. Camembert is made from whole milk. Rennet is used for coagulation.
In the process of folding the mass must be periodically stirred.Then the composition is transferred to the forms and dried in a special way (this requires the skills of experienced cheese makers), and then salt. Then the cheese will ripen in certain conditions until fully cooked.
7. Dor Blue- Blue cheese with mold originally from Germany. For a long time, this cheese was practically the only one of its kind that was available for sale in some countries (including the former CIS countries). The recipe was developed specifically for those who like moderately spicy and savory cheeses.
The composition and characteristics of the preparation are still kept in secret by the cheesemakers, but it is known that special mold is used, as well as cow's milk. Best of all this sort of cheese is combined with grapes and nuts. If there are several varieties on the table at once, then Dor Blue is better left to last.
8. Gorgonzola. Guess where he comes from? That's right, from Italy. This variety is quite popular and has a tart, moderately spicy and spicy taste. This product belongs to blue cheese with mold.
For making use of cow's milk, in which they add penicillium fungi (they are injected with syringes) and special enzymes. Throughout the ripening process,on which leaves from 2 to 4 months, in a cheese there are special metal rods providing access of oxygen necessary for life activity of fungi.
9. Tete de Mouans. The name of such cheese is literally translated as "the head of a monk". And it was the monks who were the first to prepare this product. The homeland of cheese is Switzerland, it is exclusive and very expensive. For production, the freshest cow milk of summer milk is used.
Cheese ripens for at least 70-80 days in wet cellars on spruce boards. In the process of maturation, the heads are sprinkled with a special saline solution with the addition of live bacteria. The result is a cheese with yellow flesh, a dense texture and a brown crust.
10. Roquefort.Such cheese belongs to blue grades and is made in France. Initially, this product was prepared from sheep's milk, but today they also use cow's milk. Milk is fermented, the mass is cut and laid out in forms and salt. An important feature is the maturation on oak shelves in a limestone grotto under conditions of adequate ventilation.
Here are the most delicious and best cheeses in the world. Which one will you try first?
Church holiday October 14
The best hair growth products
How to clean burbot, pollack and mackerel
How to cook apricots in syrup for the winter with sugar - photo recipe
Should we communicate with the former Ask psychologists
Insolent neighbors who have expanded the balcony
Short games and contests for Santa Claus and Snow Maiden with children at home, in kindergarten and school. Adult Santa Claus games for corporate party