Hold Weekly Meetings to Enhance Family Functioning, with Bruce Feiler
The Trick to Better Family Meetings
Family meetings are essential to establishing , maintaining communication, and creating a team-like atmosphere in your home. But the trick to making them work is simplyhaving themeach week, without fail. Once you introduce the concept of having a family meeting, make it a regular part of your weekly routine. Additional ('ad hoc') family meetings can be added to the schedule as needed to discuss important topics.
Weekly Family Meetings Are a Time to:
Special Family Meetings Can Be a Time to:
- Communicate your for the first time
- Discuss future plans
- Mediate sibling conflicts
How to Hold Your First Family Meeting:
- Make a list of the topics you want to address in your first family meeting.
- Set a time for the meeting, and let your kids know when and where it will take place.
- Bring your , as well as a (if applicable).
- Consider bringing a notebook, as well, in case you want to jot down any notes during the meeting.
- Begin the meeting by explaining that it is intended to be a safe place for each family member to voice his or her concerns.
- Practice actively listening to your kids throughout the meeting.
- Go through each item on your list.
- Allow each person to speak freely without being interrupted.
- Once you have gone through every item on your list, ask your children if there is anything else they would like to discuss.
Video: 5 Family Meeting Tips for Creating a Happy Home
5 Key Men’s Swimwear Trends For SpringSummer 2019
How to Educate Others on the Importance of Child Protection
Spanish Eggs with Prawns
Self-Care: The Key to Wellness When Living With MS
10 Reasons Why You’re Losing Sleep
How Hepatitis C Is Treated
Are You At Risk of Losing Your Job
Why these four men decided to take their wife’s surname after marriage
Narcissists can never really love anyone