Telapia - delicious and inexpensive fish
Fish is a very valuable product. Is tilapia good for you? And how to cook it delicious? Let's figure it out!
Tilapia or tilapia is a cichlid family that lives in freshwater bodies of predominantly warm or tropical regions, such as East Africa, Southeast Asia, China, Latin America. These creatures are unpretentious and easily adapt to almost any conditions, including salt water. They are also considered omnivorous and are able to consume everything that is found in rivers, including waste.
It is useful to know: tilapia is not only present in the reservoirs of wild nature, but is also actively grown in artificial conditions, and in very different countries. Such a distribution of fish received thanks to the excellent adaptive abilities, simplicity and omnivorous.
The composition of tilapia includes many valuable substances: omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, protein, selenium, sodium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, iron, and also vitamins of group B.The caloric content of one hundred grams of the product is about 96-100 calories. The benefits of such fish are determined by its numerous properties:
- The product is an excellent source of protein, and fully digestible. And such an element is used to feed muscles and form new healthy cells.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids are very useful for the cardiovascular system, as they reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol, clean and strengthen blood vessels, and also reduce the risks of atherosclerosis.
- Regular use of tilapia will help increase brain activity, improve memory and concentration, and slow the aging of brain tissue and prevent the death of its cells.
- Potassium provides nutrition to the heart muscle and prevents the development of heart attack, ischemia and heart failure.
- B vitamins are beneficial for the nervous system: they increase the resistance to stress, neutralize the effects of the transferred stress, and also improve sleep and reduce nervous irritability.
- Regularly eating such fish, you can speed up the metabolism and normalize weight, because it can be considered dietary.
- Selenium increases the potency in men and improves the quality of sperm, contributing to successful conception.
- Zinc has anti-inflammatory properties.
Possible harmful and dangerous properties.
The potential harm of tilapia has long been discussed by doctors, nutritionists and scientists. And it is explained by two facts. First, such a fish is almost omnivorous and is capable of eating waste, which can adversely affect its composition and quality. Therefore, tilapia, fed with chemicals and antibiotics or caught from a polluted water reservoir, can actually be harmful and toxic. To protect yourself, you should choose artificially grown fish. And the most harmless feeding methods are used in Latin and North America.
Secondly, American scientists believe that the ratio of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the composition of fish is not balanced, and this may have an adverse effect on the functioning of the cardiovascular system. But the fat content is insignificant, so that the harm is minimal. Yet nutritionists list such contraindications as various pathologies and diseases of blood vessels and the heart, obesity.Also, do not eat tilapia with a tendency to allergies.
What to prepare from tilapia?
How tasty to cook tilapia dishes? Below are a few options.
If you prefer simple dishes, then this option will be best for you. Here are the ingredients you need:
- 700-800 grams of tilapia fillet;
- a third cup of milk;
- three tsp. sesame seeds;
- five tablespoons of flour (can be replaced with breadcrumbs);
- sunflower, olive or butter.
- First, rinse the fillets, dry thoroughly, cut into medium sized pieces and marinate, rubbed with salt, rosemary, chopped dill and pepper. Put tilapia in a bowl and leave at least for half an hour, preferably in a refrigerator.
- While the fish is marinated, you can cook the batter. Combine the milk with the egg, whisk well. Pour mixed sesame seeds and flour (or bread crumbs) into a separate container.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Each piece of tilapia is dipped first into a liquid batter of milk and eggs, then into a dry mixture of flour and sesame, then again into a liquid mass.
- Spread the fish in a frying pan and over medium heat, fry until a clear golden and appetizing crust appears. To give tilapia juiciness and softness, you can literally cook it for a minute under a closed lid.
- Tasty fish in batter ready!
You can bake tilapia in the oven. To do this, prepare:
- 500-700 g tilapia fillets;
- two bell peppers;
- a tomato;
- any greens;
- seasonings (use any that you like);
- a third of lemon;
- olive oil;
Description of the cooking process:
- Fillets need to be washed and dried well. If the fish are small, it is not necessary to cut them. But you can prepare portions, if you plan to serve the dish to the table.
- Tilapia need to be salted, sprinkle with a small amount of lemon juice, coat with oil, sprinkle with pre-chopped greens and seasonings. Leave it literally for ten to fifteen minutes, so that it is soaked with spices and roasted.
- Now, take care of the vegetables. Pepper after cleaning from the stalks and seeds can be cut into strips. The tomato is cut into slices or slices, but not very large.
- Grease the foil with oil so that nothing burns.Lay the tilapia on it, and lay the vegetables on top, remember to salt and season them. Fill all ingredients with foil to avoid cracks.
- Bake fish with vegetables at 180 degrees for about thirty to forty minutes. To obtain a brown crust, you can open the foil and bake the dish without it for at least five minutes.
Try to make an appetizing tilapia with sauce. Need to prepare:
- four to five tilapia fillets;
- three garlic cloves;
- three or four art. l. olive oil;
- a third of a glass of white wine;
- about a third cup of broth;
- two bunches of parsley;
- some flour;
- After washing, the fillets need to be dried, and then pepper and salt, allowing it to lie for a while.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil, fry pieces of tilapia on it, pre-basting them in flour. The fish must be fully prepared and get a beautiful crust. After roasting, fold it into a container.
- In the remaining oil in the frying pan, place the remains of flour, washed and chopped parsley and minced in any way garlic. Fry it all on high heat for one and a half minutes, then pour in the broth with wine, boil the mixture and boil it for about seven to ten minutes until thick. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Prepare and have a little cool tilapia pour hot sauce, arrange in plates and serve.
Buy tilapia, choose your favorite recipe and start creating a culinary masterpiece!
What to wear for the New Year: things with sequins
The best decorations of Cannes - 2017
Replacement of passport for damage
Natural stone in the house
Egg shell. From this seemingly banal material, real masterpieces are obtained
How can cornstarch be used?
The shirt is no longer needed, or the Chest is decorated with sequins and glitter
The web discusses the similarities of Johnny Depp and his grown-up son Jack