Secrets of cooking unusual squash jam
Experienced housewives know that delicious dishes can be prepared from virtually any product, if you know and use some secrets and tricks. For example, from zucchini you will get an excellent jam!
What kind of zucchini fit?
First of all, you should choose the right zucchini. Many use the young, as they have almost no bones, which is very convenient. But if you want the jam to be more viscous and thick, pay attention to the larger and fleshy zucchini, but not too old. Seeds of them should be removed.
In any case, the vegetables should be fresh, ripe and high quality. On the surface should not be dark spots or too soft areas. The skin should be quite dense and complete.
How to make jam?
How to make delicious zucchini jam? We offer several interesting options. And some may surprise you.
Option number 1
The easiest and most common option is squash jam with lemons.For its preparation will require:
- 1 kg of zucchini;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 or 2 lemons (to your taste).
- First you need to prepare all the ingredients. Wash squash, dry and cut into small cubes, if necessary, after removing the peel and removing the seeds. Next, transfer them to the pan and add sugar. Leave the vegetables for an hour to give juice, and the sugar is almost dissolved.
- Lemon wash and cut into small cubes straight from the zest.
- Next, proceed directly to the cooking, it will take place in several stages. The first stage: put the saucepan with zucchini and sugar on the fire, bring the mixture to a boil, add the lemon and boil it all together for about fifteen minutes. Then turn off the heat and leave the mixture to cool.
- The second stage: bring the mixture to a boil and remove the pan from the heat, let the mixture cool completely.
- The third stage: again bring the jam to a boil and spread it hot over sterilized jars.
Surely, you wonder why you need such a complex three-stage cooking. The fact is that it allows you to preserve the integrity of all the pieces, so the jam is very beautiful.
Option number 2
Prepare tasty and fragrant zucchini jam with oranges. For this you will need:
- 1 kg of zucchini;
- 3 oranges;
- 4 glasses of sugar.
- Wash squash, dry, peel and, if necessary, peel and cut into small cubes (approximately 1x1 cm in size). Wash the oranges too and cut them into thin half rings or better with quarters of rings. You can also grind them into small cubes.
- Put all the crushed ingredients in the container in which you plan to make jam, and add sugar. Leave them for five hours to stand out juice.
- Then put the pan on the fire, bring the mixture to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes. Then again leave the jam for five hours, so that it is infused.
- Again bring the mixture to a boil and cook for fifteen minutes, and then remove for five hours.
- Cook the jam again for fifteen minutes, and then, without cooling, pour it over the jars and close.
Option number 3
You can make tasty and healthy zucchini jam with lingonberries.
List of required ingredients:
- 1 kg of zucchini;
- 300-400 grams of cowberry;
- 100-150 ml of water;
- 1.3 kg of sugar.
Description of the cooking process:
- Zucchini desirable to clear from seeds and peel. Cut them into small cubes or chop in another way. Raspberry berries, rinse and dry.
- Mix the water with the sugar, bring the mixture to a boil to form a thick syrup. Pour them zucchini and cranberries and cook the mixture until it becomes thick, and courgettes will not acquire transparency.
Option number 4
You can cook delicious jam from zucchini and apples. To do this, prepare:
- 1 kg of apples;
- 1 kg of zucchini;
- 1 lemon;
- 500 grams of sugar (can be replaced with honey).
- First prepare the apples. Cut out the cores and stalks, remove the peel. Then grate the fruit on a large grater. Zucchini desirable to clear from seeds and peel and cut, after which they need to grind in a meat grinder. Wash lemon, cut and straight with the skin, also scroll through a meat grinder.
- Mix all the ingredients with sugar and let the mixture stand for about an hour, during which time the juice should stand out.
- Put the container on the fire and boil the jam until all the ingredients are soft and the mixture thickens. The result should be a homogeneous mass.
Some useful tips that will help make jam even more delicious, and the process of making it is simple:
- To assess the readiness of jam, drop a drop on a cold saucer. If it does not spread, then the desired consistency is obtained, and the container can be removed from the fire.
- The amount of sugar can be changed to your liking. So, if you prefer sweet desserts, then increase it a little. And if the jam seemed sugary, then next time add less sugar.
- If you plan to close the jam for the winter, and in large quantities, then prepare a portion of the sample to achieve the desired taste and perfect consistency and evaluate the results.
- If the rind of zucchini is too dense, then it is better to remove it, it will interfere with enjoying the taste of dessert.
- To make the jam even more fragrant, try adding some cinnamon or vanilla to it, then the dessert will acquire an unusual flavor and become even more delicious.
- You can come up with your own recipe. For example, try adding lemons and oranges at once. You can also use other fruits: pears, cherries, cranberries and so on.But in any case, the components must be juicy. Experiment to get the perfect dessert that you and your loved ones will love.
- If you want the jam to get a uniform consistency, then all the ingredients can be crushed, for example, in a blender, using a meat grinder or grater. But then tastes will mix, and you will not feel each component (and for some it is important).
Adopt one of the above recipes to get an unusual, easy to prepare and delicious dessert!
Pros and cons of injecting colloste
PuberMe: stars show rare school photos
Unusual strawberry jam
Therapeutic properties of the plant
Sticking edge on chipboard
Wedding glasses decoration