Secrets of cooking this homemade sour cream
Sour cream is not only tasty, but also very useful product. And if the store seems to you tasteless or not useful, then try to experiment at home.
How to make sour cream yourself?
How to cook delicious and healthy home-made sour cream? You can do this in several different ways, and each will be discussed in detail.
The easiest way to make sour cream from milk. And it will be the only ingredient, the volume of which will be three liters.
Description of the cooking process:
- First you need to warm the milk in a pan so that it is warm, but not hot. Next, pour it into some container, for example, in a glass jar or plastic bottle. Cover the neck with a folded paper napkin or cloth several times, tie it up. Send the milk to a warm place for ripening. This process can take about three days, but if it is cold at home, it can take five days.And to mix the product when souring is not necessary!
- Next, prepare some capacity, tighten the top of it either with a rather thick cloth, or with gauze folded in several layers, fix it well. Move the fermented milk into such a homemade colander and leave it for 1.5-2 hours so that the whey separates and ends up in the tank.
- The mass left on the cloth or gauze should be put into a deep bowl and whipped with a blender so that the homemade sour cream becomes homogeneous and tender. If it seems too thick, then you can add a little milk to it.
Tip: the fatter milk used, the more fat and tasty will be sour cream. The ideal option is a natural homemade. If you purchase a store, then its storage time should be minimal, it will indicate the absence of preservatives in the composition.
To make fairly fat sour cream from regular store milk, prepare the following ingredients:
- 320 ml of milk (about 3.5% fat);
- three tablespoons of sour cream (it is best to use fat homemade, but the store one will do);
- a packet of butter (from the percentage of fat in it will depend on the final fat content of sour cream).
- The oil must be removed from the refrigerator and cut into small pieces to make it soft.
- Then put the butter in the milk and heat the mixture so that the pieces begin to melt. Turn off the fire, do not wait for their complete dissolution, it will happen later.
- Next, pour the composition into any sufficiently deep container and begin to beat with a blender, and better at the highest speed. After about three to four minutes you should get cream, at this point the process can be stopped.
- Introduce sour cream into homemade cream, whip everything well again, then cover, wrap in a blanket and send to a warm place for at least 6 hours, or better at night. Preparedness should preferably be checked periodically, as overdone sour cream can become acidic.
- The finished product can be whipped again to make it homogeneous. Next, send it to the fridge and eat.
To get a thick, delicious and tender sour cream, it is best to use cream as the starting material.
Here is what you need for cooking:
- 500 ml of cream (the fatter they are, the better);
- two or three tablespoons of sour cream.
- First you just need to mix the prepared ingredients well.
- Next, pour the mixture into a container, close it and store for three days in a warm place. To speed up the ripening process, you can wrap the jar in a terry towel or a warm blanket. The cream can either be heated a little, or simply removed in advance from the refrigerator so that they are not too cold.
- Now the composition must be well whipped, using a blender, and then send in the refrigerator.
- A few hours later homemade sour cream is ready for use.
Pretty quickly you can get sour cream from milk and kefir.
- one liter of milk (it is better to use the most fat);
- four tablespoons of yogurt or yogurt.
- First, boil the milk. Then cool it to about 39-40 degrees. At this temperature, the product will be warm, but not hot.
- Now the milk needs to be poured into a jar. Add kefir into it, tightly close the container, actively shake it to mix the ingredients, then wrap it in a thick blanket and send it to a warm place for seven or eight hours.
- Prepare any sufficiently bulk container, stretch gauze or dense cloth rolled up several times onto it, secure with a rubber band or a rope, and then tilt the fermented milk there.
- Next, the container should be sent for eight to nine hours in the refrigerator so that the serum is gradually separated. And in order to make the separation more effective, you can periodically mix the mass with a spoon.
- Now blend the mixture vigorously with a blender and refrigerate overnight to infuse and thicken. If desired, you can add a small amount of milk to get a more delicate texture.
You can make sour cream from milk and yogurt at home. This will require:
- liter of milk;
- three tablespoons of natural yogurt.
- Milk poured into a liter jar. You can preheat it a little.
- Next, add the yogurt, mix everything and leave the container in a warm place all night.
- Blend the mixture with a blender and let it stand in the refrigerator.
Try to make a tasty sour cream in a slow cooker. For this you need:
- liter of milk;
- 100 or 150 grams of sour cream (homemade);
- 2/3 cup of natural yogurt, kefir or yogurt.
- First, pour the milk into the multicooker bowl and, using any mode, heat it to about 39-40 degrees.
- Next, enter all the remaining ingredients, mix everything thoroughly until the sour cream and yogurt are completely dissolved.
- Turn on the Heater mode, and set the timer to fifteen or twenty minutes.
- When the device automatically turns off, cover it with a lid and leave it for eight to nine hours or overnight.
- Next, transfer the product to the jar and put it in the fridge. By evening, it will be ready to eat and thickened enough.
Some useful tips:
- To get a low-calorie diet sour cream, leave the milk in the fridge for a day. On its surface you will see the cream, which will need to be carefully removed with a spoon. But note that in this case, the final product will not work as thick and tender as it should be.
- The longer the sour cream before use will be in the refrigerator, the more delicious and thick it will become.
- If you increase the duration of the process of ripening, then sour cream may become too acidic.
Be sure to try making your own hands delicious sour cream.It is much easier than you think!
Who brought back the stripes to fashion and how to wear them
Robin Wright married Clement Giraud
What to do if your dog is constantly whining
How to clean the fur at home
French fries without oil
Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie will play with Quentin Tarantino
Sweethearts of a beloved man and beloved girl touching to tears: Gentle romantic declarations of love and how a loved one is needed
Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias first became parents