Perlotto: recipe with photos, cooking features
- Cooking time:1 minute
Perlotto with chicken and mushrooms: cooking features
In perlotto, or as they say in Italy, orzotto, the main ingredient is croup. Another important component is that in which it is brewed. It can be meat or vegetable broth, often added white wine. The remaining components of this dish are variable. Put meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables. Some cooks offer lean options, such as perlotto from Tatyana Litvinova to cook with mushrooms and without alcohol.
Ingredients for perlotto with mushrooms and chicken for 4 persons:
- 1 small chicken;
- 200 g fresh champignons;
- fresh pearl barley - 300-400 g;
- small white bulb onion - 1 pc .;
- a pair of garlic cloves;
- olive oil for frying;
- butter - 30-50 g;
- white sour wine - 120-160 ml;
- Parmesan or other hard cheese - 45-50 g;
- fresh thyme and fresh basil;
- sea salt to taste.
- boil the chicken in a liter of water, we will need both meat and broth;
- Strain the ready broth, remove the meat from the chicken;
- finely chop the onion and garlic;
- in a deep saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onions with garlic until soft;
- wash the barley and place it over the onion, fry a little;
- pour in wine to the rump, boil, stirring, until it is evaporated;
- pour broth in small amounts into the pan;
- while the cereal is being cooked, fry the chopped mushrooms and pieces of boiled chicken in a separate pan;
- add mushrooms with meat to the barley, mix;
- season the finished dish with butter and grated cheese, serve immediately to the table, garnish with thyme and basil.
Instead of a whole chicken, you can take only the legs or breast. If you want to get fragrant broth, put in it while cooking a whole onion, carrot and fragrant roots.
Perlotto in the slow cooker: simple and tasty
If you have a multicooker, then you can use it to make perlotto. Due to the slow and uniform heating, the dish will be ideal, and without much effort.
- 1 multi-glass pearl barley;
- 3 multi-cups of meat or vegetable broth;
- one leek stem (white part);
- vegetable oil for roasting;
- garlic clove;
- 30 g Parmesan;
- some sea salt;
- greens for filing.
This is a lean version of the dish, it can be served as a side dish to meat or fish. Part of the liquid can be replaced with fat cream.
- the day before cooking, rinse and soak the grits;
- cut leek into half-circles, chop garlic;
- pour vegetable oil on the bottom of the multicooker, put the mode of "quenching" or "baking";
- when the oil is hot, fry the onion and garlic in it until soft;
- add pearl barley and lightly fry it in oil, you can add a little salt;
- heat and pour the entire broth, close the lid;
- after the signal of readiness, pour grated Parmesan into the bowl and serve to the table as a garnish or as an independent dish.
For a variety of flavors, you can add dried mushrooms, saffron and other seasonings.If there is no broth, feel free to pour hot water, but then more salt will be needed.
Perlotto is an excellent dish that can try on with this, undoubtedly, very useful cereal, even the most persistent. Follow the cooking steps and the result will certainly please you. Watch the perlotto cooking video from Elena Chekalova. So some of the nuances will become clearer. Be sure to try cooking it yourself.
Understanding Together: What is Podzimny Sowing and Why is It Needed?
Where is Ekaterinburg
Charlize Theron talked about fighting overweight after filming
Nasturtium is an excellent solution for your garden
What is useful oatmeal
Making anime makeup with your own hands is easy
What dreams dying