Original and beautiful vertical gardens
The tale of the gardens of Semiramis today can be easily realized, one has only to want to have a vertical garden. It can be located indoors, on a loggia, on a personal plot, to become part of the office and a cozy green area of the apartment.
This is a modern method of landscaping and landscape design, popular throughout the world. Its main attractive qualities that can interest a wide range of gardening and florist lovers are originality, space saving, a beautiful combination in a small area of various plant species, taking into account individual preferences.
Vertical gardens are not difficult to make with your own hands, using a variety of available tools and objects that are no longer in demand, but it is difficult to part with them. The skill of creating a vertical garden composition is akin to the art of giving everyday things unique and charm, putting their vision of the beautiful in them.
Traction to originality and self-expression has always been peculiar to man. And the first landscape designer, who revealed to the world all the charm and singularity of vertical gardens, can be safely considered the Babylonian king, who gave his beloved this miracle.
Trendy modern botanist-designer Patrick Blanc developed and modernized the ancient Babylonian idea, turning Paris into a Mecca of vertical gardens. Thanks to his designs, the capital of France turned into a garden city with walls of houses overgrown with plants.
In countries where there is a limitation in land territorial resources, the idea has taken root and gained acceptance. We also do not have to pursue the desire for beauty, so the article will tell you how to make a vertical garden on your own.
The most convenient to create gardens are tropical and subtropical plants, preferably from the mountains. Species growing on the elephants of the rocks are ideally adapted to verticals and have a number of advantages:
- tolerate a lack of light, moisture and minerals;
- they are adapted to windy weather;
- plants are stunted, with a developed root system;
- have an amazing color and large sheet.
With such plants, elegant compositions are created that grow well without natural light, for example, in greenhouses.
Alpine plants are more in demand in the design of street walls. Low-growing herbs and moss, in combination with lichens of different colors and shapes, allow you to experiment and create unique “wall vegetable canvases”, exemplified by the walls of the Parisian Museum of Modern Art.
The choice of plants for vertical walls should occur according to the following criteria:
- branched powerful root system;
- the leaf is dense in structure, but soft, or dry and scratchy;
- Stems with the presence of hairs to retain moisture.
Plants from the garden and the usual room, if meeting the criteria, are also excellent for creating a wall. The main thing is to follow the compositional rules.
Before starting the creative process, it is necessary to determine the compositional components that influence the final result:
- color range;
- flowering time;
- pattern and texture;
- volume of plants.
In a small area, you should not use large plants, and the rhythmic pattern of the composition should be harmonious in color. Vegetable crops are chosen in advance, and a scheme is developed for them or a composite basis is thought, followed by the acquisition of greenery.
It is convenient to create a computer design in squares with a gradual filling of each site with vegetation. You can divide the real space into equal parts or geometric shapes. Taking into account the compositional subtleties, you will get a living picture of your "plant" fantasies.
Created many attractive options for vertical landscapes that can be used in interior design, making the housing distinctive and creative. We present to you some of them.
- Vertical composition from an old dresser. To create it, you need a chest of drawers, where drawers replace pallets for planting. They can be put forward chaotically, by a ladder, observing chess order, etc. The boxes are filled with soil, and the back wall of the dresser is decorated in any way (picture, mirror).
- A vertical wall of plastic bottles is a low-cost option for decorating the site. Tanks are cut from the side and mounted on the wall of the house or the fence.You can cut the bottle in half, in the form of a flower pot. They are filled with soil, planted in the section of culture. With regular watering and no water stagnation in the bottom of the tank, they will quickly grow into a dense green carpet covering the surface. Or you can plant lettuce and parsley in them, creating a vertical garden. Bottles can be painted or transformed in any way, according to your imagination.
If desired, everyone can become a landscape designer and create their own gardens of Babylon in a single apartment or on the site, making the world around us beautiful and unique.
The most popular signs about shoes
What is dangerous lack of calcium for the body?
The son sent his full-sized portrait to his mother, and this is what happened
Barley porridge - simple, but very tasty
Buns with cinnamon, photo-recipe
How to choose powder for face