How to take folic acid during pregnancy, adults and children
Every creature on the planet needs vitamins. These organic compounds are produced by the body or supplied with food. Despite a huge role in metabolism, vitamins are characterized by zero calorie content and are not embedded in the structure of body tissues. Science has studied them quite well, but for ordinary people, vitamins are still a mystery. I will answer the question of what folic acid is, what it is for women and a man for, how to apply it and where it is contained.
What is folic acid
Folic acid (vitamin B9) is a water-soluble vitamin that promotes the growth and development of immunity and the circulatory system. Vitamins also include manufactured substances - diglutamates, triglutamates and polyglutamates. Together with folic acid, everyone calls folacin.
The human body does not synthesize folic acid, but receives it with food or due to the synthesis of microorganisms living in the intestines. Vitamin B9 is found in large amounts in yeast, green vegetables and bread.In some countries, bakeries purposefully enrich the grain with folic acid.
Lucy Wills, a famous doctor from England, studied methods of treating anemia in girls in 1931. She found out that the yeast or animal liver extract treats anemia. Thus, by the end of the 1930s, scientists had identified folic acid. By 1941, the substance was obtained from spinach, and four years later synthesized by chemical means.
Vitamin B9 is important for the body, and in pregnancy the need for it doubles. Deficiency of folic acid leads to anemia disorders in the nervous system.
How to take folic acid in adults and children
Our body does not produce certain substances, and they must be filled with food or medicine. Among such substances - vitamin B9. The question of taking folic acid is of interest to many, because the dosage is determined by age and health. Dosages are indicated per day.
- The dosage per day for an adult is 0.4 mg. Differences by gender are insignificant. Exception - pregnant women.
- With a folic acid deficiency in men, the dosage reaches 1 mg. Vitamin deficiency adversely affects the quality of the seed, which is fraught with congenital defects in children.
- Oral contraceptives prevent the full absorption of vitamin B9.Therefore, doctors prescribe a dose of 0.5 mg to those taking contraceptive girls. With an increased level of estrogen vitamin can not be taken.
Video instruction for use
At the initial stage of life, the baby receives folic acid in the required amount with mother's milk. In the future, the need for a developing organism gradually grows. Prescribes a child drug only doctor.
- 1-3 years - 0.07 mg.
- 4-6 years - 0.1 mg.
- 7-10 years - 0.15 mg.
- 11-14 years - 0.2 mg.
- 15-18 years old - 0.3 mg.
The indicated dosages are suitable for children without individual intolerance or contraindications. Before taking be sure to consult a pediatrician.
The standard dose for the elderly is 0.4 mg per day. Folic acid deficiency in the elderly leads to cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis. If there are problems with the digestive system, the doctor increases the dose. With hearing loss, the dose reaches 1 mg per day.
Folic acid during pregnancy and feeding
Vitamin B9 is prescribed from the moment of pregnancy planning until the end of lactation.
Half a month after fertilization, the brain and nervous system begin to form in the embryo.Thanks folic acid cells are divided correctly. Deficiency causes birth defects, including:
- Cleft lip;
- Cleft palate;
- Failures in the mental and mental development of the baby;
If you ignore the recommendations of a gynecologist and do not take a vitamin, the likelihood of premature birth, placental detachment or stillbirth will increase significantly. Scientists have proved that the intake of vitamin B9 prevents the development of deplorable events.
Weakness, apathy, depression - a consequence of a deficiency of folic acid in a weakened female body. If you do not additionally enter it, the quantity and quality of mother's milk will decrease.
Video from the transfer Live healthy
When carrying a daily dose of 0.4 mg, and when feeding 0.6 mg. The decision on doses is made by the gynecologist, guided by the results of the examination. Increase dosage if:
- There is epilepsy or diabetes.
- There are congenital diseases in the family.
- A woman is forced to take drugs that hinder the absorption of acid.
- Previously, children were born with folate-dependent diseases.
The gynecologist determines the dosage of the vitamin during pregnancy.Self-selection of a "convenient" dose is prohibited and fraught with serious consequences. Healthy women are prescribed the drug Pregnavit and Elevit. Girls who require high doses are prescribed Apo-Folic or Folacin.
To find out how many pills to take per day, it is enough to carefully study the instructions attached to the preparation and consult a gynecologist.
What is folic acid for?
Let's look at the role of folic acid in the body's work, which is involved in the production of red blood cells and the synthesis of iron-containing protein.
Vitamin B9 promotes the production of nucleic acids with hereditary information, renewal, development and growth of cells. He also participates in the formation of appetite and normalizes digestion.
Vitamin B9 helps to fight gastric diseases caused by low acidity, when the body is unable to cope with poisons, parasites and toxins in the digestive system.
The benefits of folic acid are described in every women's magazine. The pages of online publications regularly meet the appointment of doctors during pregnancy, to maintain health and beauty.Much less information on taking vitamin B9 by men.
Why folic acid men? What role does she play in the development of the male body?
- Plays tremendous importance during puberty. Promotes the development of sexual characteristics of a secondary nature: the hair on the face and body, growth, voice formation. Affects the development of the body and the reproductive function of men.
- The deficit has a bad effect on the synthesis of spermatozoa. The number of sperm with the wrong set of chromosomes increases, which is fraught with hereditary diseases.
- Folic acid and testosterone normalize the development of the male seed.
Migraine, depression, insomnia, weight loss, depression - signs of folic acid deficiency.
Vitamin B9 is involved in the regeneration of tissues, improves the hair structure, reduces fragility, strengthens the nails, makes the skin fresh and smooth. With a shortage of gums, eyelids and lips pale.
Folic acid normalizes blood-forming processes, strengthens the immune system and has a positive effect on the state of the blood vessels. With skin diseases, they take to enhance the effect of the main drugs.
Folic acid creates an optimal hormonal background, and:
- Reduces the likelihood of developing cancer.
- Normalizes the menstrual cycle in adolescent girls.
- Delays menopause.
- Facilitates the conception of the fetus and helps the proper development in the first trimester.
- Treats postpartum depression.
According to pediatricians, vitamin B9 in the body of a child normalizes the digestive system, avoiding problems with the intestines and the stomach. The lack of substance leads to improper diet, incorrect interaction with drugs and poor penetration of vitamins through the intestines.
Gastroenterologists note that vitamin helps to create and maintain the work of new cells, prevents dangerous and harmful changes in the body that occur in DNA.
In general, parents from an early age should instill in the child a desire for a healthy life, which provides for proper nutrition, going to children's theaters, regular walks and playing sports.
Contraindications Folic Acid
Take vitamin B9 as a medicine in accordance with the advice of a doctor. In small quantities it is not dangerous,overdose can lead to increased excitability, indigestion, and functional changes in the kidneys.
- Abnormalities in the kidneys.
- Cancer diseases.
- Lack of vitamin B12.
The use of any vitamins or medicines must be agreed with the doctor, especially during pregnancy.
What products does it contain?
The body is not able to independently cover the need for vitamin B9. Vitamin complexes and the use of its containing products help out.
- Vegetables. The maximum content is green lettuce, spinach, parsley, cabbage and broccoli. Slightly less in cucumbers, pumpkin, carrots, beets and legumes.
- Herbs. Included in the nettle, mint and dandelion. Contained in birch, linden, raspberry and currant leaves.
- Fruit. Apricots, bananas and oranges. Prepared from these fruits juice - a deposit of folic acid.
- Nuts and cereals. Peanuts and walnuts. A decent amount of barley and low-grade flour bread.
- Animal products. It is present in salmon and tuna, beef and pork liver, chicken meat, eggs, cottage cheese and cheese.
For the normal operation of the body requires a little vitamin B9 and correct nutrition replenishes it in the required amount.
Problem about the 7 sisters, which will solve only the most savvy
Released the trailer Very bad moms - 2
How to choose an e-book
How to salt boletus for the winter - photo salting recipes
Crochet sets - hats and scarf