Reflexology Hand Chart – Press These Points And Revitalize Your Body
How to Read a Hand Reflexology Chart
Reflexology is the application of pressure to specific points on the body in order to benefit the internal organs or other areas within the body. The principle behind reflexology is that the body will heal itself once it sheds unnecessary tension. It may also be known as hand reflex therapy, hand acupressure, hand massage, shiatsu for the hands & palm therapy. Generally, reflexology is practiced on the feet, ears, or hands. Reflexology is not used to diagnose or cure, but rather as a complementary therapy to other healing systems. Consult a hand reflexology chart to learn more about potential benefits to organs and internal systems.
Reading Different Reflexology Charts
Look at the Western hand reflexology chart.This chart shows a connection between the fingertips and the upper part of the head, such as the sinuses, eyes, brain, ears. The palm of the hand contains the larger inner organs.
- Reproductive organs such as the testes, ovaries and fallopian tubes are found connecting to the inner wrist just beneath the hand.
- The thumb and the first 2 fingers contain more complex connections to the inner organs than do the outer 2 fingers.
Learn about the Indian, or Ayurvedic, hand chart.The Indian reflexology chart (or acupressure chart) contains several key differences from the Western hand reflexology chart. The pressure points on the Indian chart are primarily located in the palm of the hand, while the fingertips are shown connected to the sinus region. The thumb contains connection to the brain and the pituitary gland.
- The Ayurvedic chart connects the inner world with the radial (thumb side), and the outer world with with the ulnar (little finger side).
- In keeping with the inner/outer distinction, the connection with the eyes is found on the radial side of the palm, beneath the first 2 fingers (index and middle). The connection with the ears is found beneath the last 2 fingers (ring finger and pinky).
Look at the Korean hand chart.This hand reflexology chart is unusual in that it doesn't include any areas of the wrist. Reproductive organs are shown connected to the area within the palm of the hand. The Korean, or Koryo Hand Therapy (KHT systems), chart is shown with hand supine and prone, and makes no distinction between left and right hands.
- The spine, in the Korean system, is shown to be connected to the central axis of the hand, along the line of the middle finger and extending down along the exterior of the hand.
- Each finger is shown connecting to a different region of the body in this chart.
Consider doing spot massages for specific ailments.For example, pinching the area between the middle finger and the ring finger may help with eye conditions such as conjunctivitis or eyestrain. If you have allergies, they might be helped by pressing gently on the adrenal gland area, which is found on the area sometimes known as the "Mound of Venus".
- You can also hold a golf ball and roll it with both hands over the areas of your hand to apply pressure.
- If you suffer from tension or anxiety, try pinching the skin area between your thumb and your first finger.
Learning More About Reflexology
Think about body's division into 10 zones.A reflexologist named William H. Fitzgerald first divided the body into 10 zones, 5 on each side. These zones extend from fingertips to toes, and front to back, so that all areas of the body are included. Each zone has a corresponding area on a person's hands or feet.
- Reflexology allows specific relationship between the internal organ and the application of pressure on the hand.
- A hand reflexology chart reveals the connection between the area of the hand and the inner organs of the body.
- There may be a good deal of variation between hand reflexology charts, compared to the more consistent reflexology charts of the foot.
Consider body's meridians.The body's division into 12 meridians is an ancient Chinese practice which closely parallel's Fitzgerald's division of the body into zones. In this system of understanding, the body's energy (orchi) runs through these meridians and nourishes the body and spirit. If the pathways become clogged or weakened, health issues will result.
- Reading a hand reflexology chart can help you understand the relationship between the area on the hand and the affected body area.
- Applying pressure to the reflex areas may help relieve stress and tension, help balance the body and allow all organs work together.
Understand the automatic reflex arc.There are two types of reflex arcs in the human body: somatic reflex arcs, which affect the muscles, and automatic reflex arcs, which affect the inner organs. Hand reflexology is based in the automatic reflex arc. The automatic reflex arc allows the body to respond to conditions without utilizing the brain. Instead, it is a function of the central nervous system.
- One way to understand the automatic reflex arc is to imagine the body's response to touching a hot stove. If your hand touches a hot stove, it moves away more quickly than your brain can process the pain. Your hand reacts via automatic reflex.
- Hand reflexology functions on this reflex principle, addressing problems of the inner organs.
Know the difference between reflexology and massage.Massage addresses physically challenges directly. That is, when the body is injured, massage may be applied to the injured area as a healing method. Reflexology works on the principle that relies on the nervous system to relay the healing touch to the injured area.
- For areas that are unable to be touched, such as the inner organs, glands, and organs of digestion and elimination, use reflexology to help treatment.
- For muscle pains, spasms, or tension, use massage.
QuestionWhy is my right hand thumb and index finger getting numb?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis could be a pinched nerve, possibly caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (using your hand to do the same tasks over and over again), you should see a doctor to be safe.Thanks!
QuestionDoes this help kidneys?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. What does help your kidneys is maintaining a healthy diet, not smoking, and limiting the amount of alcohol you consume.Thanks!
QuestionI'm having a lot of pain at the base joint of my left thumb on the top side. What does that mean?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt could be that you have a headache. You can ease those by getting extra sleep, massaging your temples on the side of your head, and by sometimes putting a very warm towel on your head.Thanks!
I find myself holding the tip of my index finger, what does it mean?
Is there any reflexology treatment for a burning mouth?
I have just developed a hard tender small lump on my left palm. Could this relate to my stomach issues?
I feel a nodule under my finger, and it is painful when massaged. What can I do?
My thumb on the fat part right above my wrist has been hurting I have been rubbing it and putting Bengay on it and nothing seems to help?
- Drink plenty of water. Staying well hydrated will help rid the body of toxins that will be loosened by reflexology.
- Always follow your medical provider's advice concerning reflexology. Diabetic patients in particular may need to be cautious when employing reflexology.
- Pregnant women may wish to avoid reflexology as it may accidentally stimulate premature labor.
- If you have current thrombosis or an embolism, avoid reflexology as it might cause any blood clot to loosen and move towards the heart or brain.
Video: Reflexology - How to Read a Foot Reflexology Chart
Trendy Women’s Pants Spring-Summer 2019
Alicia Vikander reveals the adorable story of how she fell for Michael Fassbender
Rodarte 2009 Paris Party Inspired by Living DeadDolls
8 Eating Habits That Arent Doing Your Sex Life Any Favors
How to Buy and Sell Currency
Top 10 Diet and Fitness Tips for Men
Angelina Jolie to turn BBC radio presenter this Christmas
12 Amazing (But Little Known) Health Benefits Of Rhubarb
How to Groom Shih Tzus
The Color of Your Bed Sheets May Be Attracting Bed Bugs
7 Things To Do After Sex To Keep Your Vagina Happy
How to Deal With Rejection From Family After Coming Out
Cool Down Hibiscus Iced Tea
How to Respond to a Thank You Email
Costume National FallWinter 2019RTW – MFW