How to preserve beans at home - 5 step by step recipes
The topic of today's conversation will be harvesting beans for the winter. In the article I will tell you how to preserve beans at home, consider popular recipes, pay a little attention to the benefits and useful tips.
Beans, as well as - the most useful product, rich in substances that provide a full work of the human body. We are talking about vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins, starch and a variety of minerals. Regular consumption of legumes invigorates and helps in maintaining a good mood.
Calorie canned beans
Practice shows that canned beans - a versatile product that perfectly complements meat and fish dishes, is actively used in vegetarian cuisine.
Due to the low calorie content, which is 95 kcal per 100 grams, canned beans were used in the diet.And in terms of easily digestible protein, it is ahead of many other dietary products.
Classic recipe for winter
I'll start looking at popular recipes from the classical version. The classic technology of harvesting beans for the winter is painfully simple and involves using the simplest ingredients, but the result is fantastic. Additionally, this recipe is a good basis for experimentation.
- Beans - 1 kg.
- Water - 3.5 liters.
- Salt - 120 g
- Sugar - 120 g
- Vinegar - 3 tsp.
- Bay leaf, carnation, allspice, mustard seeds.
- Clean the beans with water. Fresh ingredient advise soak for an hour, dried - overnight. After the time has elapsed, pour out the liquid, pour the amount of water indicated in the recipe, add sugar and salt and spices, put it on the stove.
- First turn on the high fire. When it boils, boil the beans over moderate heat until soft. It usually takes 120 minutes. Then add the vinegar to the pan, cook another two to three minutes and remove from the plate.
- Still hot beans spread in prepared jars, pour the marinade in which it was prepared, roll up the lids.Hold the jars under the blanket until cool.
Do not rush to draw conclusions regarding the amount of water indicated in the recipe. When cooking, some of the liquid evaporates, and some absorb the beans. Sometimes the dish turns dry and you have to add water. From these canned food you can make soup, lobio, salads and side dishes, a wonderful borscht.
The method of canning beans in its own juice
There is an incredible number of ways to harvest beans. Each of the recipes is good in its own way, and canning in its own juice is no exception. Having experienced it in practice, see for yourself.
- Beans - 1 kg.
- Onion - 500 g
- Carrot - 500 g
- Refined oil - 250 ml.
- Vinegar - 3 tablespoons.
- Carnation, sweet pepper, salt - to taste.
- Soak beans first in the morning. During the procedure, change the water several times. Rinse in the morning and boil until done. Bulbs cut into half rings, and carrot slices.
- Pour oil into a large saucepan, add chopped vegetables, put on the stove. As it boils, put the vegetables out on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Send boiled beans to vegetables in a pan.After 10 minutes, pour in the vinegar, add salt and spices, mix the mixture and boil for two minutes.
- Spread boiled ingredients in jars, sterilize on moderate heat for a third of an hour, roll up the lids securely. Hold the jars upside down under the blanket until cool.
Beans in their own juice, even in its pure form, will serve as a wonderful snack. And if you have free time or a holiday is coming, use it to prepare more complex dishes, for example, lecho.
How to preserve beans in tomato sauce
Beans are a good nutritional product that contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and protein. If it is properly cooked or canned, it turns out incredibly tasty. I offer a recipe for canning with the addition of tomatoes.
- Beans - 1.2 kg.
- Tomatoes - 1 kg.
- Onions - 2-3 pcs.
- Salt - 3 tsp.
- Bay leaves - 5 pcs.
- Allspice - 0.5 tsp.
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp.
- Vinegar 70% - 1 tsp.
- Boil the beans in a saucepan. To do this, send the beans in boiling water and cook over moderate heat until soft.Chop the onion in small squares and fry in oil.
- Remove peel from tomatoes, pouring boiling water. Fold in a saucepan and cook on the stove until softened, adding a little salt. Then remove from heat and mash.
- For crushed tomatoes, send beans, onions, and all other spices. Mix everything and return to the stove. Boil until boiling, and then pour a teaspoon of vinegar, mix.
- Put the cooked beans into the prepared jars. Roll up the lids. Leave to cool, wrapped with a towel.
Beans in tomato sauce turn out to be divine. Even if for lunch simple pasta, the addition of a few spoons of beans in a tomato sauce will make the dish a real masterpiece.
Canning Asparagus Beans
In a canned asparagus bean mass of vitamins and minerals, and it is stored for a long time. The recipe for making marinade differs from brine in that vinegar is the main preservative.
- Asparagus beans - 0.5 kg.
- Horseradish root - 1.5 g
- Dill fresh - 50 g.
- Parsley - 50 g.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- Black pepper - 10 peas.
- Ground cinnamon - 2 grams.
- Carnation - 3 pieces.
- Vinegar - 50 ml.
- Fry the pods in the pan with the addition of oil. Large pods advise cut into pieces.
- Take a marinade. Into the boiling water add salt, sugar and send to the fire. After boiling for 10 minutes, add vinegar to the marinade.
- Put the pods into prepared sterile jars, putting greens and other spices on top. Top up the marinade and cover with a lid and place in the water bath for a quarter of an hour.
- After sterilization, roll up the caps. Banks turn over and, wrapped with a towel, leave to cool. Keep canned food in a cool place.
This recipe will appreciate the hostess who do not represent life without the asparagus beans. They willingly eat it as a main course or add to the soup. Even if you are not among them, be sure to try canned asparagus beans. She diversifies the menu and give new sensations.
Autoclave Canned Bean Recipe
The autoclave is a great helper in the preparation of blanks for the winter. If there is such a device, the recipe for beans in an autoclave is guaranteed to be useful. Ingredients are based on one half-liter jar.
- Beans - 100 g
- Carrots - 100 g.
- Onions - 100 g
- Bulgarian pepper - 50 g.
- Vegetable oil - 50 g.
- Tomato juice - 350 g.
- Sugar - 0.5 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- First of all, soak the beans for 5 hours, then send to boiling water. In the meantime, cook the vegetables: finely grate the carrot, cut the onion, tomatoes and pepper into cubes.
- Boiled beans, filled with tomato juice, put on the stove. Pour salt, sugar and chopped vegetables. Boil for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft. In the final minutes, add vinegar and mix.
- Spread the mixture in sterile jars. Roll up the lids and put in an autoclave, let the dish come to the ready. At 110 degrees the process will end in 20 minutes.
Agree, in an autoclave, canned beans are prepared elementary. This is another reason why it is worth preparing this wonderful and useful product.
Which beans are better to preserve - white or red?
There are many types of legumes. White and red beans are common in our area. If you plan to preserve this product, choose the color and variety at the discretion, depending on future use. Provide food for thought.
- Red beans after any heat treatment are more dense.
- White is less caloric than a red sister.
- In cooking, white beans are traditionally used for cooking first courses, and red beans look more attractive in salads and side dishes.
As you can see, the differences between the species are insignificant, and the cooking technology is no different.
The benefits and harm of canned beans
Canning is the most reliable way to store food, which, thanks to its taste and nutritional properties, has won the hearts of foodies from all over the world. What is the use of canned beans?
- The main advantage - the preservation of nutrients. Scientists have proved that after canning, beans store up to 75% of vitamins and minerals.
- Due to its low calorie content, the product is ideal for people who eat diet.
- Beans are rich in plant fiber, which normalizes the intestinal microflora, prevents the appearance of malignant tumors and stops inflammation.
- Eating legumes improves heart function, normalizes heart rate, improves vascular elasticity.They are recommended to use for the prevention of stroke or atherosclerosis.
- Beans provide a diuretic effect that positively affects the excretory system, it is useful for the health of the bladder and kidneys.
Harm is not enough. Irregular use leads to the appearance of flatulence. People who are watching the figure, it is recommended to use the product without animal fats.
Finally, I will share a few recommendations that will help in the preparation of the divine canned beans at home.
- For canned food, use beans, which are stored for a maximum of six months from the time of harvest.
- Use only beans with a smooth surface for use without mechanical damage.
- Before canning, be sure to soak the ingredient in cooled boiled water. In soft water beans are cooked faster.
- Add salt to the saucepan with beans at the end of cooking, since the product is cooked longer in salt water.
I hope, thanks to today's article in your basement or cellar there will be jars of delicious and beautiful beans, which at the height of the winter season will serve as a reliable assistant in cooking. See you!
Knit yarn ottoman
Some useful life hacking for women or little female tricks
Snake's Snail Tilda
Madonna criticized for excessive enthusiasm Botox
Features and sequence of mounting siding