How to give Paracetamol to children?
Paracetamol is one of the most effective antipyretic drugs for children. It comes in the form of a tasty syrup, pill or suppository. How to give Paracetamol to children, in what dosage? Note that both syrup and candles and tablets are applied from a certain age. You will find detailed information about prescribing the medication in the article From what is paracetamol.
It is necessary to apply no more than four times a day with an interval of four hours. The dosage depends on the age of the child.
- From 6 months to a year - from 2.5 to 5 milliliters of syrup.
- From year to 3 years - from 5 to 7.5 milliliters of syrup.
- From 3 to 6 years - from 7.5 to 10 milliliters of syrup.
- From 6 to 12 years old - from 10 to 15 milliliters of syrup.
Paracetamol in the form of a candle is introduced rectally. Dosage is also related to the age of the child.
- From 3 months to a year - 1 candle (0.08 g).
- From year to 3 years - 1 candle (0.17 g).
- From 3 to 6 years old - 1 candle (0.33 g).
- From 6 to 12 years old - 2 candles (dosage 0.33 g).
If you purchased Paracetamol in pill form, how to give them to children? You can grind the drug into powder and diluted in water or give whole tablets.
Dosage of paracetamol tablets for children:
- From 2 to 6 years old - half a pill.
- From 6 to 12 years old - one tablet.
- Older than twelve years - 1-2 tablets.
How to make a member thicker
Snowflake flashlight and star - Christmas decorations
How the press reacted to the Angelina Jolie divorce
Angelina Jolie will produce a biopic about an athlete
Secrets of perfect hair biolamination
Test: how do you feel about the world