How to Hide bad walls without paint || Your problem my solution E08 || Interior Maata
How to Decorate a Bedroom Without Paint
If you want to decorate your bedroom but aren’t able to paint your walls, no worries! There are tons of different options to customize your space without paint or nails, such as artwork, tapestries, posters, and curtains. Simply pick out the walls you want to decorate, and hang personal touches to enhance your space. You can use 1 or several of these options to make your space your own!
Use removable hooks when hanging up artwork if you can't use nails.Follow the instructions outlined on the packaging regarding installation if you can’t use nails. Typically, you remove 1 side of the adhesive strip and secure it to the hook. Then, remove the other side of the strip, and adhere that side to your wall.
- Alternatively, use nails or tacks to hang your framed art. Use a hammer to tap the nail into place, or use your fingers to push the tack into the wall.
- Purchase removable hooks such as Command Strips from most home supply stores.
Pick 1 large piece of art to cover up the majority of one of your walls.Select a piece of art that you find attractive that is at least 2 ft × 3 ft (0.61 m × 0.91 m) big. Then, hang it from your wall using 1-3 large removable hooks.
- Using 1 large piece of art is a great way to take up lots of wall space.
- If you’d like, you can also hang smaller decorations around the large piece of art, such as photographs or postcards.
- Choose abstract art in your favorite colors, or go with art with motifs you enjoy, such as animals, sports, or cars. The art should complement other items in your bedroom, such as the bedding, flooring, or themed decor.
Hang several small or medium-sized pieces of art to fill in the wall space.If you don’t prefer 1 large piece of art, go with 2-5 smaller pieces instead. Then, arrange them together on one of your walls, based on the particular art style. Use 1-2 removable hooks per piece of artwork.
- Lay out your pieces before you put up the art hooks to get a good idea of how the pieces should be arranged and spaced. Then, mark the space on the wall where you want each piece to hang. Use a pencil so that you can erase the marks if necessary.
- You can hang them with 4–6 in (10–15 cm) in between, or you can stagger them across your wall for an abstract look.
Use posters for an affordable, easy-to-hang option.You can use 1 or more posters to cover your walls. Either place your posters in poster-sized frames or use regular tacks to hang each corner. If hanging a framed poster, use 1-2 removable hooks. Choose posters of your favorite band, TV show, or movie, for instance.
- You can also use pictures from magazines, old advertisements, or pages from old books if you find something that matches your decor.
- In addition, you can also use removable, adhesive tack designed for hanging on walls. Rip a bead-sized ball of tack, and rub it in your hands for 15-30 seconds to warm it up. Then, place 1 ball on each corner. Press each corner onto the wall so it stays in place.
- Avoid using tape, as it could peel paint up off your walls if you try to take down or move your posters
Add photographs to your walls for personal touches.Similar to posters, you can either frame your photographs or use sticky tack to hang individual photos. This is a great way to make your bedroom feel homey and full of love. Pick photos of your pets, family, and friends.
- You can also use small clothespins and garland to creatively display your photos. Hang both sides of the garland using removable hooks.
- If you have special or nostalgic photos, it is best to frame them so they do not get ruined.
- Try to pick photos that have the same color theme and frame them in the same frames. For example, choose all black-and-white photos to hang in a gallery wall.
Decorating with Accent Fabrics and Pieces
Pick curtains in bright colors or patterns to add a decorative touch.If you can’t paint your walls but want a splash of color, choose a set of curtains for each of your windows. Get curtains in a bright color, such as blue, pink, or red.
- If you’d like, choose patterned curtains, such as striped, paisley, or plaid.
- You can also get accent decorations in similar colors to tie your room together, such as pillows, throws, or rugs.
- Make sure you get the right curtains for your space. Sheer curtains work well for lighter, airy rooms, while blackout curtains will block light and give you extra privacy when drawn closed.
Hang a tapestry around your room for an easy, wall-sized option.Using tapestries is a great way to add color and texture to your room. Choose a tapestry in colors or patterns that you enjoy. To hang the tapestry, apply a large command strip to each corner, and secure it to your wall. You can also use tacks to hang your tapestry.
- For example, you can hang a tapestry centered above your bed for a colorful, cozy touch.
- Many tapestries span the entire size of your wall, so you can easily hang it to decorate your space. Tapestries can help muffle sound, so large ones are great if you have noisy neighbors or roommates.
- For a bohemian look, hang 1 tapestry from each of your walls.
- Try using an attractive piece of fabric if you do not have a tapestry. You can hang it the same way you hang a tapestry.
Use colorful throw blankets and pillows to add color and texture.In addition to wall hangings, you can decorate your bedroom by adding blankets and pillows in your favorite colors. Choose other colors in your room, such as your bedspread or furniture, and include accent pillows or blankets to brighten up your room.
- You can arrange your pillows or throw blankets on your bed, couch, or chair, for example.
- Throws and pillows are also easy to change out from season to season.
Lay down a large, colorful rug to brighten up your room.Rugs are a great way to tie your room together and add a pop of color. Choose a rug that is at least 4 ft × 6 ft (1.2 m × 1.8 m) large, and place it across the entirety of your floor or at the foot of your bed. Then, arrange your furniture on top of the rug.
- Get a rug in your favorite color or a funky texture, for example.
Using Removable Wallpaper and Stickers
Use removable wallpaper to easily cover all of your walls.A stylish, popular option to cover the entirety of your walls is removable wallpaper. Use this if you want an all-over solution that is easy to install and take down. It's also great for an accent wall, and for those who have never applied wallpaper with paste.
- Select a wallpaper in a solid color or a pattern, such as zig-zags, flowers, or trees.
- Before you decide on a wallpaper for all of your room, it is helpful to read reviews to ensure the brand you select does not leave any marks on the wall.
Choose wall decals or stickers that will not harm your wall.In addition to removable wallpaper, you can use wall decals or stickers to decorate your space. These are peel-and-stick accents that come in the form of quotes, logos, characters, and patterns.
- Choose 1 large wall decal of your favorite sports team, for example.
- Go with a small wall decal with an inspirational quote, or pick a wall sticker of your favorite cartoon character.
Try using masking tape to create your own DIY wall design.Masking tape comes in a variety of colors. Pick your favorite, and use it to make designs such as stripes, zig-zags, or squares. Then, rip your masking tape into 1–2 ft (0.30–0.61 m) sections, and place them on your wall. Continue arranging the pieces of tape until your desired look is achieved.
- This may require a bit more creativity and time, but masking tape is an easy, removable way to accent your walls.
- Pick a color scheme before you get started. That way, you don’t wind up with too many colors or textures. Choose 1-2 main colors and 2-3 accent colors to keep your room balanced.
- You can also place plants around your room for a bit of greenery.
- Consider getting a colorful chair, ottoman, or sofa for another splash of color.
Video: DIY | Polka Dot Wall Decor! No Paint Needed!
10 Healthy Foods That Are Secretly Loaded With Salt
Womens Brixton Wesley Wool Felt Fedora
6 Breads You Can Make In Your Slow Cooker
Nautica Vineyard Striped Poplin Shirt
How to Take Haritaki Powder
6 Urgent Questions About the Jane the Virgin Season-4 Finale
It’s Finally Here: Your First Look at Beyoncé’s New Athleisure Line, IvyPark
Jammy Dodgers Recipe
5 Things You Need to Know Before You Buy an Off-the-Rack Wedding Dress
8 Inexpensive Gift Ideas—Under 20
Haricots Verts with Green Goddess Dressing
Grooming habits all men should have
Blake Lively Had the Perfect Fall Baby Shower—See the Pics