How to cope with pain in temples?
Headaches are a very unpleasant and sometimes dangerous symptom. And because of what whiskey can hurt? And how to cope with these feelings?
The pain, localized in the temples, may have a different nature and be pulsating, dull, sharp or sharp. Sometimes the sensations are accompanied by other symptoms: nausea, weakness, photophobia, vomiting, fever, fever. Both the right temple and the left can hurt, but two sides most often suffer. More pain often spread to other areas of the head: forehead, neck, crown.
The intensity depends on the specific cause of it, the pain threshold and the characteristics of the person. Pain can occur at almost any time. It happens different and duration, which varies from a few minutes to two or three days. Sometimes the pain stops abruptly and suddenly arises again.
What causes pain?
The causes of temporal pain can be very diverse:
- Migraine - a very unpleasant disease, the causes of which have not yet been studied until the end.Attacks are accompanied by severe pain, nausea or vomiting, irritability, photophobia.
- Acute infectious diseases, such as influenza, brucellosis, encephalitis, meningitis and others. Pain is an intervention in the body's tissues of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Increased intracranial pressure is a condition in which the volume of fluid (cerebrospinal fluid) in the skull increases. It begins to squeeze certain parts of the brain and provoke pain, including localized in the temporal areas.
- Poisoning is often accompanied by such manifestations as fever, headaches, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, weakness and others. By the way, intoxication can arise not only because of the use of infected or poor-quality products, but also because of alcohol abuse.
- The pains of tension can be localized in the temporal areas and occur due to constant stress, overwork, chronic sleep deprivation, increased nervous excitability, severe emotional and mental stress, non-compliance with the daily regimen, and lack of rest.
- Changes in blood pressure. Pain syndrome can be accompanied by both its reduction and increase, therefore, it is possible to establish the exact cause only with the help of a tonometer.
- Atherosclerosis is accompanied by a narrowing of the lumen of blood vessels, blockage and impaired cerebral circulation. In the later stages of the development of the disease may be accompanied by pain.
- Vegetative dystonia can have a lot of manifestations, including temporal pain.
- Temporal arteritis is an inflammation that is localized in the arteries of the temporal area and is accompanied by acute pain.
- Neuralgia of the trigeminal nerve. It runs just about in the temporal region, so its inflammation often leads to shooting pain, which usually lasts one to two minutes. It can also provoke a spasm, and it will increase the sensations and prolong them.
- Hormonal failures in women in some cases are accompanied by headache or temporal pain.
- Atmospheric pressure drops. They can be observed in case of abrupt changes in the weather, when rising to a height or, on the contrary, when diving to a depth under water.
- Fasting for more than 24 hours can also lead to the development of the symptom in question.
- Inhalation of carbon monoxide.
- Head injuries
How to eliminate a symptom?
What if there is severe pain in the temples? First of all, try to find out its causes.But if this is not possible, then you need to try to alleviate your condition. The following actions will help in this:
- Lie down to sleep. Open the window, but blind it so that the light does not interfere. Create the most relaxed atmosphere, close your eyes and relax.
- Get out into the open air. This will saturate the brain with oxygen and improve blood circulation.
- Massage your temples. Perform gentle soft movements with your fingertips.
- You can make a cool or warm compress. The cold eases pain, while the heat expands the vessels and eliminates their spasm.
- You can take a contrast shower or a warm bath.
With headache, many take pills. All of them can be divided into several categories. The first is analgesics, and these include Caffetine, Sedalgin and some other drugs. The second group is antispasmodics, eliminating pain caused by cramps. These are “No-shpa”, “Spazmolgon”, “Spazgan” and other similar medicines. There is a third category - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that eliminate inflammation, relieve pain syndrome and relieve fever. For example, this "Nurofen."There are also combined drugs, which include several substances.
It is important to know: when hypertension should take drugs that reduce blood pressure. But they can only appoint a doctor.
Folk remedies can help to cope with the pain in the temples:
- Have a cup of coffee: caffeine has an analgesic effect.
- Refer to aromatherapy. You can use the essential oils of mint, lavender, bergamot, jasmine, patchouli, marjoram. Either put a few drops on a cotton pad and inhale for fifteen minutes, or rub this amount into whiskey.
- Brew lime or chamomile tea. To do this, pour a teaspoon of lime blossom or dried chamomile with a glass of boiling water, leave for ten minutes, then strain and drink in small sips in a warm form.
- Ginger infusion will help. Grate 10 fresh root or take a teaspoon of ground product, pour a glass of freshly boiled water. Leave the mixture to infuse for half an hour, strain and drink.
If you are experiencing pain in the temples, then, firstly, try to eliminate it, and secondly, consult your doctor to find out the causes of this symptom.
Top 10 tips on how to choose the closet
Children's foot massage mat
Crochet tank top
Gigantism and acromegaly - symptoms and signs, diagnosis, treatment
Thanks to these tips, your sofa will look like new
Why do we always fall in love with those men