How to cook boletus mushrooms - fry, marinate, cook
With the approach of autumn, mushrooms appear in numerous stocks of hostesses: pickled, frozen, salted, dried. There are cute and tasty mushrooms on a yellow stem with a brown, buttery, buttery cap.
The Latin name of oil is Suillus luteus (late or yellow buttercup), the word luteus means "yellow". In the people the mushroom is called differently: maslukh, calish, masluk, the British call it “Slippery Jem”. This name was due to the oily, sticky cap, red-brown or dark brown. In rainy weather, mucus is secreted more.
The stem is golden yellow or lemon. Height reaches 10 cm, thickness up to 3 cm. On adult mushrooms there is a white or grayish-purple ring. Above the ring, the leg is white, the lower part of the leg is brown. The color of the flesh is white or yellow, with a pleasant smell and sourish taste. On the back side of the cap the young have a white film.
Maslata grow in pine forests near young pines. They love a sunny place, so they do not meet in overgrown forests. It is easier to find on the edge of pine forests, on the side of roads near the pine forest, on burnt woods or old fireplaces. The collection lasts from June to frost. The bulk of the collection is in July.
Oil can - an edible mushroom of the 2nd category. Mushroom professionals believe that it is second only to boletus, and is ahead of it in the content of fats and carbohydrates. According to the yield in coniferous forests, there is no equal to the oils; they occupy the 1st place.
- Carbohydrates - 46%
- Fat - 18%
- Proteins - 18%
Protein oil is absorbed by man 75-85%. There are more squirrels in young mushrooms than in old ones, as there are more squirrels in caps than in legs.
Oils, like oyster mushrooms, draw heavy metals and radioactive elements from the soil. This is typical of places that previously fell into the zone of infection after the explosion at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. Maps of infected sites are now available, and it is advisable for mushroom pickers to familiarize themselves with them. If there is no such possibility or you are not sure that the mushrooms are clean, get rid of harmful elements yourself, by boiling in several waters.
Maslata spoil quickly, do not delay preparation for later. First of all, clean the leaves and needles of needles. Then, remove the peel from the cap of adult mushrooms, it gives a bitter taste, and the color during cooking will lose its attractiveness. They remove the skin from the cap simply: with a knife they pick up the skin on the cap and it easily falls behind. To peel off the skin better, dry the mushrooms in the sun.
Rinse cleaned oils in running water several times and boil in two waters. Throw the mushrooms into the salted water and boil for 20 minutes, then throw it in a colander, rinse and boil again in the new water. After the second cooking, rinse.
If you pick mushrooms yourself, and are confident that they are clean, boil them in salted water 1 time 20 minutes.
It is believed that the fried boiled butter is the most delicious. If you fry with potatoes, you get a traditional dish for a mushroom picker, as for a fisherman's ear.
- boiled sausage (as much as it is);
- 2-3 onions;
- vegetable oil - 1/3 cup (better refined);
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Oil poured into the pan, heated.Spread the butter, cover with a lid and fry over low heat until it stops "shoot" (during cooking, understand what is at stake).
- I add onions and continue to fry, adding a little fire.
- I fry, stirring occasionally, until there is no liquid in the frying pan, and the mushrooms do not darken.
Similarly, I make the harvest for the winter, but I do not add onions and fry longer, about an hour. I put in sterilized jars. Mushrooms stacked tightly, about the "hangers" banks. To avoid molding (this is due to poor processing of cans or insufficient amount of time for roasting), top poured melted lard.
I do not roll under the iron covers, but tightly close the kapron. Keep in a cool place for quite some time. Served on the table with potatoes or buckwheat.
Marinated maslings with onions and herbs are included in the New Year's menu, becoming a traditional snack and a piece of home comfort.
Recipe number 1
- on 1 liter of water 2 tablespoons of salt and 3 sugar;
- 10 large peas allspice;
- 1-2 cloves;
- garlic clove;
- several pieces of bay leaf (for an amateur);
- a pinch of dry dill grains.
- Usually for pickling, I take off the skins from the cap. After cleaning, I rinse in a large container so that the sand settles down and light debris floats to the surface. Washed in several waters.
- Large boletus cut into several parts and boil in salted water. I cook no more than 10 minutes. I pre-add a few drops of vinegar or citric acid to the water on the tip of the knife, so that the mushrooms do not darken.
- I pour out the water, pour in the same composition, I cook for 15 minutes.
I put oil tightly in one-liter jars (jars and lids pre-sterilized), pour marinade, add a tablespoon of 9% vinegar. I roll up lids, store in a cellar or basement.
Recipe number 2
For the following conservation option, you will need:
- 1 kg of oil of approximately the same size;
- tablespoon of sugar;
- 10 large black peppercorns;
- citric acid (10 g.);
- bay leaf - 5 pieces;
- third of a glass of water;
- 2/3 cup 3% vinegar;
- tablespoon of salt.
Marinade bring to a boil, put pre-washed and peeled boletus. I take off the foam. Turn off the stove as soon as the marinade boils again.I put bay leaf, citric acid, sugar, pepper, mix and let cool. Mushrooms are laid in jars, pour marinade and cover with parchment (it is better not to cover with metal lids). Keep in the fridge.
For salting oily, like pizza, I use freshly picked mushrooms, not wormy and small in size. Large leave for freezing. Some housewives salt only caps, legs cut off when the fungus is medium or large in size. Someone salted separately caps and legs. As they say, the taste and color ... If they are small, I do not remove the film from the cap.
- 1 kg oil;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- 5 black peppercorns;
- 4 pieces of bay leaf;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- fresh dill;
- leaves of black currant (for an amateur).
- Cleaned and washed boil boil in plenty of salted water for 20 minutes. As soon as boil, I remove the foam.
- Boiled mushrooms are washed in cold water, I recline in a colander to glass the water.
- In an enamel saucepan or bowl, pour salt and spread mushrooms with the cap down. Add the bay leaf, pepper, chopped garlic and dill, sprinkle with salt.From above I make a layer of mushrooms and spices, so several times.
- When the mushrooms are laid, I put a flat dish on top and press it down with a yoke, so that the butter is extracted and turned out to be completely in brine. If there is little brine, add boiled salt water and leave for a day.
- Mushrooms tightly stacked in steamed jars so that they are completely covered with brine. To secure the top pour vegetable oil and leave in the refrigerator.
- Mushrooms will salt out after 3 weeks. Get strong and tasty.
Oily for freezing
I clean the conifer needles and foliage from the mushrooms, rinse in running water, and pour the water into the colander for 20 minutes. I advise you to dip a paper towel to dry faster.
Large masta cut into pieces of 2-3 cm, placed in plastic bags or special containers. I do not advise a lot of oil in the package.Do not forget to sort the mushrooms: put sliced in one package, small - in another.Put in the freezer. The year is stored.
You can boil or fry before freezing, but in fresh frozen mushrooms more nutrients are stored than in boiled or pickled ones.
How to defrost
Defrosting is a long process.
- Mushrooms shift from the freezer to the fridge and leave to full defrost. Remember, thawed mushrooms are used immediately, otherwise they will become a site of accumulation of bacteria.
- Do not defrost quickly. After a quick defrost, they look unsightly and lose taste.
- Let the mash get rid of the crust that was formed during the freezing, then you can start cooking. Boil the thawed mushrooms in salted water for 15 minutes.
Butters rarely serve as a full-fledged and independent dish. More often it is an indispensable ingredient for giving a piquant taste. They are made juliens and sauces, baked pies, stewed with vegetables. Butters - a great filling for pancakes or meat rolls, the basis for salads.
A simple salad of potatoes, green onions, chicken and green peas, seasoned with mayonnaise, will be different if you add marinated or salted boletus. Ordinary salad with crab sticks or crab meat will turn into a real masterpiece, if you enter pickled mushrooms.
Red currant jam - cooking recipes for the winter in a pan and a slow cooker, step by step instructions with photos and videos - How to make red currant jam without cooking
We knit a set - cap and mittens
How to choose a manufacturer
Weather in Moscow in December 2017 - the most accurate weather forecast for the capital and the Moscow region
How to clean the fur at home
How to sew a women's hat for a photo shoot