How to cook beets in the microwave
Everyone used a microwave oven, but not many people think about the versatility of this device. In the microwave, not only heated food. I'll tell you how to cook beets in a microwave quickly and deliciously.
Boiled beets come in many recipes, including: vinaigrette, beetroot soup, salads, cold soup, caviar, pate.
Sometimes you need to quickly boil the beets for a salad, but there is no time. What to do in this situation?
To solve the problem will need a microwave. With the help of this appliance you will be able to boil faster than in a saucepan on the stove. I will consider four ways how to cook boiled beets in a microwave oven. And you decide which is closer.
Caloric content of boiled beet
Calorie boiled beets - 49 kcal per 100 grams.
After the potatoes, the beet is the second among the vegetables used for cooking your favorite food. And for good reason, since it is bright, tasty, it preserves the complex of vitamins throughout the entire storage period and does not need special conditions for growing.No wonder she is considered the queen of Russian cuisine.
Our ancestors began to boil beets, although at first they used only the leaves of a vegetable.
Cooked boiled root vegetable is very simple, and it can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Fast way in 5 minutes
I suggest a way to quickly cook beets in the microwave in 5 minutes.
- Wash and brush the root. Cut into small pieces.
- Put the pieces in a glass bowl or in another container. Fill the floor with a glass of water and cover.
- Put the bowl in the microwave, turning on at maximum power for 5-7 minutes. After that, check readiness. Take the knife and stick the tip. If it comes in freely, the beets are ready.
- Water drain. Wait two or three minutes until cool.
In conclusion, another recommendation. Do not leave boiled vegetables in water, because they become watery and tasteless. Water must be drained.
Cook the beets in the microwave in the package
Consider the method of cooking beets in the microwave, involving the use of the package. I take a perforated bag for baking. If there is no such package, the usual packing will do, just first check that it does not melt in the microwave.
- Wash the root and dry with paper napkins. After that, put in a perforated bag or cellophane. With a few punctures, tie.
- Place the bag in the microwave, setting the baking capacity to maximum. Let it bake for 15 minutes, and then lie down for 5 more minutes in the package.
- Get the finished beets. Sometimes, cutting the product, the hostess discovers that he is raw in the middle. It's not scary, raw root vegetable is more useful. If this ingredient is not suitable, put the vegetable in the microwave for another few minutes.
Boiled beets are not only tasty, but rich in vitamins and microelements, so they are recommended to use it to normalize the work of the intestines and in various diseases. It is especially useful for pregnant women in a period of reduced immunity.
How to cook beets in the microwave without water
To cook in the microwave does not necessarily need water. For this process, fit a medium-sized root vegetable, a small saucepan with a lid or a roaster for baking.
- Wash the vegetable, cut off the tail and top. Peel off is not necessary.
- Pat dry with a paper towel, make several punctures with a knife or toothpick.
- Put in a saucepan and send to the oven, turning on the power of 800 watts. Wait 10 minutes, then take a look. Leave for another 5 minutes if it is damp.
- Get the finished product and pour cold water for rapid cooling.
The time of preparation of beets depends on the capacity of the oven and the size of the root vegetable. On average, it takes 10-20 minutes. If you are cooking several vegetables, it is advisable to choose the same size. The more powerful the microwave oven, the less time you will spend on cooking.
How to bake beets in the microwave
In the microwave, bake beets whole or in pieces, removing the peel. I will tell my version how I cook this vegetable in the microwave.
- Wash root and make a few punctures with a knife. Due to the holes, the beets will not explode under the influence of temperature and will not splash the furnace with juice.
- At the bottom of the microwave put a paper napkin, and on top of the bottom of the vegetable, so that the tail looks up.
- Turn the oven on for maximum power and bake for 5-10 minutes. If you are cooking several root vegetables, increase the cooking time at the rate of 3 minutes for each vegetable.
- If after the time the beets are damp, to complete the roasting, wrap in foil and place again in the oven.
- Turn off the microwave, remove it, and wait until it cools down in foil.
Now I will reveal the secret of the correct choice of beets in the store. High-quality vegetable has a smooth peel, bright leaves and a long spine. If the root is thin - the root is good. Serve the vegetable in the form of straws or cubes for garnish. And do not forget about beet kvass.
Many people believe that cooking in the microwave is unhealthy, because the food is heated from the inside. Proved that this is a misconception. The microwave oven works on the principle of an oven and microwaves fall on the product outside. Therefore, cooked food will only benefit, not harm.
- Buy beetroot in a shop with a thin rind of Bordeaux varietal, because it quickly cooks and turns out delicious at home.
- Never salt the vegetable during cooking, better salt the already prepared dish.
- Do not remove the peel, if you do not eat right away, otherwise vitamin C is lost.
- Dried root fill with hot water and put on for a while. He will return to its former form.
- Do not pour out the beet broth, it is good for your health.
- Use beet leaves.There are most vitamins.
Beetroot is a medicinal product that will be an excellent helper for various diseases and their prevention. It is recommended to use it with such disorders in the body:
- pain in time of menstruation;
- decreased immunity;
- low hemoglobin.
Use root vegetables in a raw and cooked form. Drink beet juice, because it is even more useful. But remember, constantly eating beets is not possible for some diseases, including:
In other cases, try to indulge yourself with dishes at least twice a week, the more you already know how to cook it quickly in the microwave.
The composition of the root includes vitamins, phosphorus, iodine, copper and minerals. Beetroot removes toxins and cleanses the blood, normalizes metabolism and prevents weight gain. Unlike other vegetables, it does not lose beneficial components under the influence of heat treatment.
I hope you like my ways of cooking beets in the microwave, and you will improve the diet with a useful product without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
How to get rid of the burr
How to make cheesecake from cottage cheese, without baking, classic
What is eschkereee and where did this word come from
Love horoscope for February 2018
Why lays ears in a cold
Prince George wrote a letter to Santa Claus
How did it happen that hips became more important than breasts
How to cut the thread on the pipe