How to clean the bath at home
According to statistics, a person spends 1.5 years of life in the bathroom. Excessive moisture contributes to the development of all kinds of bacteria and fungi. Therefore, regular bathroom cleaning is essential for health and wellness. To maintain the whiteness of plumbing, a few hours a week is enough. Using popular methods will help save not only time but also money.
Safety precautions and precautions
The bath is washed in gloves, which protect hands from harmful chemicals or acids. In the room where the treatment is carried out, the windows and the door open. This is necessary because caustic fumes have a negative effect on the human body.
For any type of contamination, do not clean with metal brushes or sponges. Otherwise, scratches and cracks will appear. Powder for washing spoils the bath surface. Solutions containing acids, chlorine or alcohol act in the same way.
To preserve and not damage the product, you need to apply non-aggressive cleaning methods.For each type of coating is used the appropriate tool that is suitable for this material.
Cleaning acrylic bath from yellowing and rust
Regular washing prolongs the life of the bath. Acrylic coating requires less maintenance than other materials. Removal of dirt should be carried out every 2 weeks. It is unacceptable to use powders and household chemicals, which include abrasives, because they damage the outer layer and leave cracks.
- To prevent the appearance of yellow spots on the product will help permanent cleaning after using the bath. Rinse the surface with hot water, wash with a sponge with laundry soap. After 5 minutes, rinse off the foam, then wipe with a dry cloth. The method will help to permanently protect the surface from rust.
- Acrylic surfaces are advised to wash with liquid from citric acid and vinegar. Fill the bath with whole warm water, add 1.5 liters of vinegar (9% solution) and 100 g of citric acid. This product has a natural origin and is actively used in the food industry. Stir the liquid gently and do not rinse for 12 hours.Then pour out the water and thoroughly wipe the bath.
In addition, it is necessary to carry out disinfection 1 time per month:
- Fill half of the bath with warm water. The rest of the surface is cleaned when rinsing.
- Pour chlorine-containing agent: prepared liquid with a spray from the store or a separate solution for disinfection (chloramine).
- Leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse several times.
- Wipe dry with a cloth.
After using cleaning products, you need to air the room for an hour, and also thoroughly rinse the surface with water.
In the people's councils apply non-standard methods of cleaning the bath. Buying expensive chemicals is not necessary, since ingredients that are freely available are used.
- Baking soda.From the yellowed spots on the bath cover will help baking soda. It is necessary to pour a thin layer on the problem area, wait 10 minutes. Then rinse with a stream of water.
- Borax and lemon juice.Traces of rust are removed with a mixture of borax and lemon juice. You need 5 g of borax and 100 g of lemon juice. Leave for 25 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Vinegar and salt.Heat 100 ml of vinegar in a water bath, then mix it with coarse salt (2 tbsp. L) and rub the pollution. After 10 minutes, wash off.
- Salt and turpentine.To clean the bath is a mixture of salt and turpentine. Apply a hard mass to the surface and wipe the stains.
Folk councils recommend soda and vinegar as a means of cleaning from any contamination. However, this method is not suitable for enamel baths. Even a small amount of acid can ruin the coating and cause cracks.
Soda ash will help get rid of old stains. First you need to rinse the bath. Then pour the calcined soda and wait 2 hours. Then thoroughly wash the bath with warm water.
All of the above cleaning methods are suitable for steel and cast iron baths. If household methods did not produce results, then you should use ready-made household chemicals.
☞ Video tips
Manufacturers of household chemicals offer gels, liquid solutions and powdered compounds for cleaning baths. Choosing a tool, you should carefully study the instructions for use. Acrylic surface will deteriorate from alkali, and steel and cast-iron plumbing, on the contrary - will become snow-white.
The top three most effective and popular bath products in 2016:
- Cilit Bang(Silit Beng) is a versatile assistant that can cope with patina and rust.
- Bugs acrilan- a special tool for acrylic baths and showers.
- Frosch(Frosh) for a bath and a shower - an environmentally friendly means on natural acids. Suitable for enamel and acrylic coatings.
Before buying household chemicals should avoid the following markings:AnnoyingHarmfulCausticDangerous
|If it gets on the skin, it causes redness and itching.||Composed of toxic substances||Contains acids and alkalis. Work only in rubber gloves||Dangerous for the environment.|
If, however, this icon is on the selected package, then extreme caution should be exercised.
☞ Video recipes
How to clean the old cast-iron bath
A frequent problem for the owners of cast iron baths is damage to the product by rust. To remove contamination you need acetic essence:
- Fill the bath with hot water, add 200 ml of vinegar essence (70%). Stir well and leave for 4 hours. Then flush and rinse the shower.
- If the plumbing is in a failed state, then this method will not remove everything from the first time: it will take several applications.
Rust on the cast iron coating can not be rubbed with sandpaper or metal brushes.This will finally ruin the enamel, and pollution will appear even more often.
☞ Video plot
The best way to remove limescale in the bathroom
To remove the limescale, you can use folk remedies or choose the appropriate composition from the store. An indispensable condition is the absence of hydrochloric acid, oxalic acid, alkali and formaldehyde. Otherwise, enamel cannot be restored.
Folk methods from calcareous plaque:
- Dissolve ammonia in a container with water and leave for 10 minutes on the surface. After draining the water and rinse the bath.
- Lemon juice cope with the bloom. It is necessary to apply for 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Mustard powder or dry mustard not only removes impurities, but also disinfects.
To maintain the whiteness of the bath, wipe with a cloth dipped in vinegar. Instead of cloth, you can use paper napkins. They are left for 2 hours in the bath and then washed off with water.
- The main cause of damage to the bath surface is an improperly chosen cleaning agent. Always read the instructions for use carefully.
- Do not allow the appearance of puddles after draining the bathroom.In this case, the water is removed with towels or other absorbent cloth.
- To prevent the occurrence of mold and fungi, it is necessary to regularly disinfect the coating.
- It is not necessary to pour water into the bath after washing the floor, residues of detergents and powders. And if this happened, then you should immediately rinse with water and wipe dry.
Thanks to popular advice, you can clean the bath with any coating at home. It will take a little time and effort. Then the bath will shine clean.
Cake heart. Recipes for February 14
How to get rid of domestic aphids
Eggplant for the winter - recipes with photos. How to quickly and tasty make eggplant original dishes for the winter
Polymer Clay Stud Earrings
Penelope Cruz condemned age discrimination
How to wear underwear as outerwear
How to clean the fur at home
Moving Paper Toys for Children