How to clean burbot, pollock and mackerel
So that the fish dish is not only tasty, but also pleasant to the eye, you should know some of the processing details before cooking. Clean burbot, pollock and mackerel at home will be easy and simple, if you follow the recommendations of experienced chefs.
To cut the fish will need: coarse salt, knife, kitchen scissors, cutting board, tweezers, pliers, paper. Special tools for removing peel to buy is not necessary, you can use a sharp knife.
To cut the carcass, take a glass board. It is better washed off from particles of meat and smell. Passatizhi help keep the skin during removal. Wash the mucus can be coarsely ground, rubbed her carcass.
Advantages and disadvantages of devices for cutting fish
Every hostess should find a convenient fish processing tool. Let's understand the pros and cons of different devices.
- Knife - ideal for butchering.You need to choose a high-quality tool that fits comfortably in your hand.
- A minus - scales stick with slime which it is difficult to get rid of a knife edge.
- Passatizhi - conveniently pick up the skin. Minus - to adapt to them, it takes time.
- Hooks and clips - designed to clean the fish, but for beginners it is inconvenient to use them.
- Tweezers - can successfully peel off, but often slips out of hands.
- Scissors - help cut the tail and fins.
Quick broom cleaning for mucus and scales
There are two ways to clean the burbot - the carcass can be cleaned before removing the intestines or after.
- The first thing washed off the mucus. Fish rubbed with coarse salt and washed in warm running water.
- Fins are notched along. Then they are pulled out with force or cut off with scissors.
- Above the head above the gills, the skin is pierced with fingers from two sides. A knife is inserted into the hole and skin is incised around the head.
- For incisions you need to grab hold of pliers or tweezers, and remove the skin in one motion.
- Under the lower fin, an incision is made up to the head, the intestines get through it. Pull the internal organs carefully, without damaging the gallbladder.The inner film is removed and the burb is washed with cool water.
Preparing fillet without pre-cleaning
- Without removing the skin, an incision is made from the anus to the head.
- The insides are neatly reached, the fish is cut into two parts. Head remains in place.
- Burbot is put on its side, an incision is made along the spine, which gradually deepens to the ribs. Bones do not cut.
- Cut off the flesh from the front, then move to the tail. The fish cuts along the ridge and turns over on the other side to remove the second loin.
If you remove the fillet after removing the skin, you can damage the peritoneum. With large burbot, leather is easily removed. Small fish is better to pickle, smoke or wither.
Cutting frozen burbot
Experienced cooks cool the carcass without removing the skin from it. The thawed fish is washed in cool water. Scales are removed during washing. Frozen burbot is gutted in the same sequence as fresh.
If the fish has been repeatedly frozen, it has lost its useful and taste qualities.The meat structure has also changed, so cook fresh or chilled fish.
To peel off easily and evenly, carcass deeply incised in places where the skin will be removed. Carefully make incisions in the abdominal cavity, otherwise the gallbladder may be damaged, causing bile flow and damage to the product.
How to clean pollock
Pollock cleaned simply. For beginners, there are tips that are worth paying attention to before cutting this type of fish.
- In the store you can meet pollock only in frozen form. Before cutting the carcass must be placed in the refrigerator so that the defrosting is gradual. You can quickly defrost in a microwave or cool water.
- Pollock has small scales that are not always visible. The taste of the dish, they do not affect, but you need to get rid of them. From the surface of the scales is peeled off with a knife.
- The head is removed at a distance of 1 cm from the gills. The abdominal cavity is cut and the insides are extracted from it. From the inside it is necessary to clean the black film, it will give the dish bitterness.
- The fins and tail are cut off with scissors, but it is better to make cuts along the fins and cut out the extra bones with a knife.
Cleaning fresh frozen or smoked mackerel
Mackerel is valued for its taste and rich vitamin content. The meat contains beneficial Omega-3 acids, vitamin A, sulfur, phosphorus and valuable fish oil. There are almost no small bones in it, which is very convenient when dressing.
The fish is frozen in the frozen state. Smoked mackerel can be peeled on the same principle.
- The fish is cut horizontally from the side of the abdominal cavity.
- The interiors are removed, the black film is removed manually. Mackerel can not be washed, otherwise the fillet will soften and lose its taste.
- Peeling is simple: a longitudinal incision is made from the tip of the tail to the head. The skin is hooked to the tip of the knife and gently separated from the pulp. Do this slowly so that the peel does not tear.
- An incision is made at an angle of 35 degrees between the head and the fin on both sides. The head separates, the fins are cut off.
- Make the first incision along the entire spine, and the second - from the abdomen to the tail.
- Separate the fillet on both sides of the ridge.From the edges of the meat, cut off the remnants of bones and fins or remove with tweezers.
Mackerel produces tasty and fragrant dishes. The main thing is to remove the maximum number of bones.
Secrets and useful tips
- Some cooks clean the scales with a grater. Four-sided grater hold against the growth of scales. This method is convenient and helps to keep clean.
- Pour the carcass with coarse salt and refrigerate for 8 hours. The scales will easily lag behind with the skin.
- To the scales do not fly around the kitchen, the fish is placed in a plastic bag and cleaned right in it.
- For ease of cleaning, fish can be attached to the board with a nail or awl.
To dishes from burbot, pollock and mackerel were a worthy decoration of the table, you need to learn how to properly handle fish. Using the above tips on cleaning and cutting, you can quickly cope with this at home without spending a lot of time and effort.
The shirt is no longer needed, or the Chest is decorated with sequins and glitter
Top 10 tips on how to choose the closet
Peacock from fruit
Do you know what daguerreotype is