How to choose an electric kettle and gas stove
Many are interested in how to choose the right electric and ordinary kettle. Everyone wants to get a beautiful and functional kettle that will satisfy all needs, boast reliability and long service life.
It is hard to imagine a kitchen without a kettle. This item of kitchen utensils pleases in the morning with invigorating coffee, and in the evening - with fragrant tea with a piece of sponge cake.
It is not easy to choose a kettle, the market offers a wide range of models, shapes, sizes, prices. Some are designed for stoves, others are powered by electricity. In the article I will cover the topic of choice.
10 rules for choosing an electric kettle
An electric kettle is an everyday appliance without which no kitchen can do. If you do not know what to give for the New Year, pay attention to such devices.
The electric kettle has many advantages over a standard product: automatic shutdown, fast boiling water, long service life.
On the shelves of shops are a variety of models of electric kettles.During the selection, pay attention to the moments and nuances described below. Knowledge of the subtleties will help make the right choice.
Material for the manufacture of the kettle
- Popular devices made of high quality plastic. They are affordable, but the case eventually dims and scratches.
- Products from a stainless steel and glass are more esthetic. Cost more. If finances allow, stop the choice on this option.
A heating element
Be sure to consider the heating element. It depends on the rate of heating water, durability, ease of care.
- The cheapest option is an open spiral. High practicality does not boast. It is hard to clean, there is a scum on the surface. A kettle on the basis of such a heating element turned on the stand is prohibited.
- The hidden spiral is under the bottom. A device with this heating element is noisy and more expensive. It is much more convenient and practical than the previous version.
When choosing an electric kettle, pay attention to power. From this indicator depends on the speed of boiling water.
- For a family, a 2000-watt kettle is enough.This device brings to a boil a half liter of water in 4 minutes.
- Devices with a capacity of 3000 watts cope with the task much faster. Strongly load the power grid. If there is no special need, it is not recommended to buy such a product.
The most popular teapots are 1500 and 1700 ml. There are also road variants, containing not more than 500 ml.
Teapots offer a wide range of additional features that have a positive effect on usability.
Among them: temperature controllers, filters, water level and network indicators, blocking the inclusion of an empty device.
I would not refuse to receive such an electric kettle as a New Year's gift. If you can afford the purchase of such a functional device, be sure to buy. Otherwise, you can get by with a simpler product.
Tips for choosing a kettle for a gas stove
Families often gather at the same table and arrange a tea party. In the old days, the main role in the event belonged to the samovar. Now people prefer teapots. By choosing a kettle for a gas stove should be approached responsibly, because it depends on the further operation of the device.
If the apartment has a gas stove, buying an electric model is not necessary, so as not to pay expensive electricity. The device for the gas stove allows to save not bad.
- Determine the volume. If the family is small, 2.5 liters is enough. If mass tea drinking is frequent, get a more spacious option.
- Choose a material. Teapots for the gas stove make of a stainless steel, glass, metal, cast iron.
- The model from a stainless steel has stylish and laconic appearance. It is convenient in use, differs in long service life.
- The main advantage of the enamelled teapot is the variety of colors.
- Some companies produce them from special refractory glass, which preserves the purity and taste of water. Through the transparent walls can be seen as the water boils. Not a cheap pleasure.
- Cast iron kettles are a rarity. The water heats up slowly. Products made of cast iron serve for a long time, they are not afraid of scratches and deformations, retains their color.
- Take into account additional details. For a gas stove, teapots with a scroll are convenient. After boiling water they do not turn off, but signal that it's time to remove from the plate.
- A pen. Make sure that there is a quality pen. It will provide convenience in use, protect your hands from unwanted burns.
Do not forget, during the selection you are obliged to be guided by your preferences and tastes. In this case, you can start and end your days with a smile on your face while drinking aromatic tea.
Choosing a whistling kettle
Everyone likes a cool evening to have a cup of tea. Choosing a kettle is an important procedure, as is the organization of tea drinking. I will share my own experiences.
Whistling kettles are suitable for busy people who do several things at the same time. Thanks to the whistle, the device promptly notifies the owner about the boiling of water.
Let's talk directly about the choice.
- Material. Made of aluminum, stainless steel, glass, composite materials.
- Whistle key. More often the key that opens the whistle is on the handle. In some models, the whistle opens under the pressure of steam. I recommend to stop the choice on the last version. This is convenient and the chance of getting burned is minimal.
- A pen. An important element. Made of different materials.
- Metal pen. Does not allow burns.The thickness of the handle protects against strong heat.
- Silicone pen. Provides pleasant tactile sensations, non-slip.
- Bakelite pen. It resembles a plastic handle. Practically it does not heat up.
- Surface. Sometimes glossy or matte. The matte surface is easier to clean, drops and stains are clearly visible on the glossy.
- Volume. For a large family fit three-liter version.
- Bottom structure. Contrary to the similar appearance of the teapots differ in the structure of the bottom. The product with a double bottom heats the water faster than with a single.
How to choose a teapot
Tea drinking brings real pleasure when using good tea, warmed up in a high-quality kettle. A quality product is made of reliable material, holds the lid well, is equipped with a strainer and a hole to allow steam to escape.
- Make sure that the strainer is present at the base of the spout. So in a cup welding will not get. Remove the lid and inspect the kettle. Better when the device has several large holes. Small holes are often clogged leaves of tea leaves.
- The optimal volume. It is easy to determine - one brewing should be enough for one tea drinking.If you are drinking tea alone, choose a 300 ml teapot.
- Qualitative model holds a drop. After stopping the pouring of tea leaves, it does not drip onto the table or saucer.
- Reliable cover. Well, if the lid is slightly recessed and has a wide inner rim or a special latch.
- There should be a small hole in the lid through which steam escapes. This hole allows you to check how tightly the lid closes. It is enough to close the kettle, plug the hole and, holding the lid, blow into the spout. If the cover fits well, it will bounce a little.
- Material. Brewing options are made of porcelain, clay and glass.
- Porcelain. Ideal for teapot. Porcelain strongly and quickly heated, perfectly keeps the temperature. In porcelain models, it is customary to brew black tea.
- Clay is suitable for green tea. Clay retains heat, but absorbs specific odors.
- Glass will easily replace porcelain products. True, glassware quickly gets dirty, often does not have a strainer, may contain parts made of metal, wood or plastic.
- Metal teapots are rarely used. The acids contained in the tea leaves react with the material and the tea gets a metallic taste.
Secrets of care
- Wash the teapot right after tea.
- Do not rub inside.
- It is enough to rinse with water.
- It is not recommended to wipe it - it dries quickly.
- Keep away from strong-smelling objects.
Do not buy the cheapest or most expensive products. Find the golden middle.
We knit a set - cap and mittens
How to breed gelatin
Christina Aguilera regrets collaboration with Kanye West
Bright decor of a plain T-shirt
10 of the best directors of our time
How to make duck confit