How can cornstarch be used?
Did you know that cornstarch is useful and can be used in many ways? You will probably be interested to find out the useful properties and options for using such a product.
Starch is a by-product derived from corn kernels. First, they are placed in a solution of sulfuric acid and soaked in it, then crushed to extract the germ. Next, the embryos are re-crushed and processed in a special way, resulting in the so-called starch milk. It is placed in a centrifuge, in which the separation of the powder.
Starch is a dense white powder with a yellowish tinge. When probing, a characteristic creak is heard and heard, and this feature distinguishes the product from the flour. Cornmeal is a completely different product, in which a small amount of starch may be present, but in the manufacture of grain it is only ground, no additional processing is carried out.
Good to know! There is a modified type of starch that has passed an additional processing step. There are no data on its harm to people, but no studies have been conducted that confirmed absolute safety.
Starch contains many different valuable components: carbohydrates (more than 90%), insignificant amounts of fats and protein, water, dietary fiber, essential and non-essential amino acids (lysine, tryptophan, valine, arginine, glycine, methionine, histidine, threonine, cysteine and others) , fatty acids omega-6, selenium, iron, zinc, manganese, copper, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, vitamins K and group B.
The caloric content of one hundred grams of corn starch is about 380 kilocalories.
The benefits of corn starch are as follows:
- Starch contains carbohydrates and because of this it is a source of energy that is released slowly and helps to support the vital activity. In this case, a sharp increase in the level of glucose does not occur, therefore the product is allowed to be consumed even by diabetics.
- Starch is a natural adsorbent: it attracts slag and toxic substances, removes them from the body.
- The product is useful for the immune system and helps it to perform its functions - to protect the body against the activity of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- The powder has soft choleretic properties, due to which it favorably affects the functioning and condition of the gallbladder and prevents the formation of stones in it.
- Starch is useful for iron deficiency anemia, prevents the reduction of hemoglobin levels and has a positive effect on blood composition.
- There are anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence in the composition of zinc. They are especially pronounced in relation to the skin when applied externally.
- Vitamins of group B are participants of almost all major reactions and metabolic processes occurring in the human body.
- The compounds contained in the product nourish and strengthen the nerve cells, ensure the transmission of nerve impulses, increase stress resistance, significantly improve sleep and reduce anxiety.
- Starch gently stimulates the kidneys and contributes to the removal of excess fluid.
- With proper use, you can keep cholesterol under control, thereby reducing the risk of atherosclerosis.
- The product improves the condition of the walls of blood vessels, preventing their damage and stretching.
- There is a stabilization of blood coagulation processes.
When can starch harm?
Starch can cause harm, as contraindicated in thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, acute ulcers and gastritis, intestinal obstruction, obesity, individual hypersensitivity. Allergic reactions in the form of urticaria are likely, in severe cases - angioedema. If abused, constipation, bloating, nausea, flatulence are possible.
How can I use?
Methods of application of the product are numerous and affect various areas of life. This is traditional and folk medicine, cooking, cosmetology, everyday life. The following are the main methods.
Corn starch is often introduced into the composition of drugs, such as thick syrups or tablets. It is an auxiliary component that performs the functions of stabilizing the consistency, thickening and protection against pathogenic microorganisms.
In folk medicine, starch can also be used in the form of decoctions and jelly. The standard recipe is this: pour a glass of freshly boiled water into a container, then gradually pour in the starch, actively stirring it with a fork or whisk to avoid the formation of lumps. Then you can give the mixture to brew or boil for a few minutes, interfering.With diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (without exacerbations), physical or nervous exhaustion and anemia, it is better to drink this medicinal jelly on an empty stomach.
The product is applied externally in the form of applications and lotions. For example, oozing foci for dermatological diseases can be sprinkled with powder. Another option is to put gruel of starch and warm water on problem areas.
Starch has long been widely used in cooking. So, it is added to baking for crispness and softness of the dough. Starch can be used for making thick sauces, it is found in cans, confectionery, macaroni.
If you do not know what to make from starch, then try making delicious milk pudding. It will take two glasses of milk, three tablespoons of cornstarch, three tablespoons of sugar, one yolk, a bag of vanillin. Half a glass of milk pour into a saucepan, dissolve sugar and vanillin in it, bring to a boil. In the remaining milk stir the yolk and starch, then all this pour into the hot mixture, quickly stirring. Beat the pudding and let it freeze in the fridge.
Starch is added by manufacturers to cosmetics to give them the desired thick consistency and preserve the structure. It can be found in creams, masks. Talc, powders for delicate baby skin, used for diaper rash, are made from the product.
Try to make homemade masks that eliminate inflammation, cleanse the skin and remove excess sebum. The easiest option is to dilute the starch with warm water to a thick cream and spread this mass evenly over the face. After the mask has dried, wash it off with warm water. Starch is also combined with other components: proteins and yolks, cream, sour cream, berries and fruits.
In everyday life, starch can be used to preserve the shape of bed linen and workwear, as previous generations did. And the product is an excellent absorber of odors and moisture, so if you put the container with it in the cabinet, then save the products and avoid the formation of mold on them.
Corn starch is almost universal and useful product. And now you know how to apply it.
How to find and search for a job - professional advice from HR managers
Single and Twin Heating Mat
How to deal with nightmares
Valerian - the best way to calm down
How to choose lamps
New Year fleece cap
Salt Night Light