Deja vu: what is it and why does it arise?
Of particular surprise are situations when, at the sight of a stranger and when visiting a new room, we can describe in detail the facial features or setting. It becomes terribly and a bit uncomfortable. Do not even try to remember when there were familiar events, it is impossible.Why there is a feeling of deja vu?
Deja vu: what is it?
The state experienced by a person is comparable to watching a movie or reading a book that you have long read or viewed. Separate pictures and motifs appear in the head, but the memory does not show how further events will develop.When the situation develops, the person is surprised to understand that this is how it should have happened. There remains a strange feeling, an understanding that youknew the sequence of the situation. The meaning of deja vu in one's own words: all this was once, I saw it (heard, felt) and repeated again. Below we learn how the word deja vu is translated from French - its content literally in a few words reflects the meaning of the phenomenon itself.
A man in a state of deja vous
Feeling of deja vu - what is it?The word “deja vu” by definition means that it is “once seen.” The phenomenon itself is an amazing phenomenon, over which to this day scientists are fighting. The complexity of the research lies in the fact that it is impossible to predict the occurrence of deja vu. Consequently, it is impossible to prepare a person for studies and observations. Repeated deja vu cases have been recorded several times a week in people with epilepsy.
Thanks to Emil Buarak, this term appeared: the psychologist called the unusual phenomenon deja vu. The new designation of the readers was found in the works of the scientist "The Psychology of the Future".Previously, the phenomenon was characterized by the same signs, but was called false recognition or paramnesia. Last term meantdisturbed consciousness and deceptions of memory. Very often, the phenomenon of deja vu, on the contrary, does not lead to serious psychological problems in a person’s normal life activity.
Dejavu (deja vu), which translated from French means "already seen", of course, entered into the everyday life of other nations
Russians often have a question - is it spelled correctly: deja vu, deja vu or dejaju? Despite the fact that the French version is two words (déjà vu), in Russian there is an analoguewritten in one word: "deja vu". It is this writing that we will stick to.
How does the opposite of deja vu occur, a peculiar antonym of deja vu? This phenomenon is rare, unlike deja vu, and also has the French designation -zhamevyu. Accompanied by an abrupt memory loss: a person does not recognize relatives or familiar people, he perceives usual things as new. Zhamieva suddenly appears, for example, during a conversation with a friend. At one point, all data is erased from the memory. Repeat zhamevyu indicates the presence of mental disorders.
Deja vu: what does this mean in the opinion of scientists?
The researchers did not learn to cause the phenomenon artificially. Therefore, the facts described below, perceive as a theory, built on a survey of people who have experienced a deja vu. Why and what causes deja vu syndrome according to scientists?
Many scientists believe that deja vu arises due to the layering of similar situations.
- Layering situations. The theory put forward by Andrey Kurgan. The modern author in the book “The Phenomenon of Déjà Vu” asserts that the main cause of the phenomenon is the overlap of similar situations. In this case, one of them is fixed in the past, and the other occurs in the present. Déjà vu happens in special circumstances. A time shift occurs. As a result, the future man perceives as the present events. There is a stretch of future time, the inclusion of past and present incidents. On the pages of the book you will find examples from life. Readers argue that the situations described completely coincide with the sensations that a person experiences when confronted with a deja vu.
- Fast information processing. Rested person is better perceived what is happening. Unloaded brain quickly recycles seen pictures, information received, words heard. The theory belongs to the physiologist William H. Burnham.The American scientist claims that when you see an unfamiliar subject, the brain starts to process information, reading out the smallest details. Rested think tank is doing work quickly. A person perceives information processing differently. There is a feeling of recurring incidents.
- Event capture in the form of holograms. Herman Sno said that memory is stored in the human brain in a special way. According to the scientist, events are recorded as a three-dimensional image (hologram). Each piece of the picture includes data, which is enough to reproduce the entire image. The clarity depends on the size of the picture. Déjà vu appears as a result of the overlapping connection of the present with elements of the recorded past. The hologram causes a whole picture, leaving a sense of repeated incidents.
- Memory system. One of the recent studies conducted in the 90s, belong to Pierre Gloura. According to the hypothesis of a neuropsychiatrist, a person records information through two processes: recognition and recovery. Déjà vu appears due to an irregular sequence. In such a situation, when you change the picture, the person finds out what is happening, and data recovery does not occur.
Still not solved puzzle with such a state as a deja vu
The psychologist Sigmund Freud did not bypass the topic of deja vu. Aussie sure thatphenomenon occurs due to human consciousness: it throws up subliminal pictures and fantasizes. The hypothesis was picked up by the followers of Freud and brought to the theory of the struggle "I" and "It".
Why does deja vu arise?
There are various hypotheses put forward by scientists from around the world. It is interesting that not only psychologists but also physicists were involved in the study of the phenomenon. The latter are sure that the deja vu person feelsdue to a failure in time. In ordinary life, human consciousness perceives only what is happening at the moment. During a failure, the times are started at the same time. Therefore, a person has the impression that events are repeated.
Not only psychologists, but also physicists joined the study of the phenomenon of deja vu
- Why does deja vu arise?Pictures from dreams. During the holidays, people see colorful dreams, experiencing events. Sometimes a dream can not be distinguished from reality, so a person laughs, cries or talks in a dream. Pictures, seen during the holidays, resonate with real life. The brain analyzes events, selects solutions.Why is there a feeling of deja vu based on dreams? Perhaps the experiences of people are thus reflected in their dreams. When in life a person is confronted with an incident that he dreamed of, then he comes to deja vu.
- Reincarnation. Paropsychologi do not deny the theory of parallel worlds and a person living several lives. Accidents from past lives are catching up with the current situation. Reincarnation was recognized in antiquity, it was believed by Christians and scholars. Famous personalities experienced deja vu when visiting historical places. Singer Tina Turner at the sight of the Egyptian pyramids, saw a past life. In her celebrity was a friend of the Eastern Queen. Madonna experienced similar feelings when visiting a palace in China.
Breaking the connection between consciousness and the unconscious. The subconscious of a person is comparable to a large saucepan in which events, emotions, ideas that get there as a result of pushing the consciousness for various reasons, cook. If reality coincides with unconscious images, then deja vu will appear.
Some individuals experienced deja vu when visiting historical sites, explaining that by reincarnation
- Real memory. The film "The Adventures of Shurik." The main character gets into the apartment of the girl and does not record the events taking place. Then visiting the same room, realizes that he was already here. There is nothing surprising and secret, this is how the human brain works. We do not betray the meaning of what is happening, and the brain reads information and sends it to the subconscious mind. Facts come up when a person is confronted with similar events.
- Recall and remember. New events, objects, people force people to process information. The process is carried out by identifying what is happening. The brain accepts the item according to the rule “I know — I don't know.” If the process fails, the memory and recording systems start simultaneously. The brain perceives what is happening as repetitive events, as a result there is a deja vu.
Psychologists note that similar situations occur with a person every day. As a result, a reaction to events is formed, and experience accumulates.
When similar situations occur, the person uses the past experience, there is a sense of recognition of the events
Modern studies of deja vu
The mystery and mystery of the phenomenon does not let scientists. Research continues on an interesting feeling. In Colorado, scientists conducted a series of experiments. One of them was that a group of people were shown in turn images of famous places and people. First pictures of celebrities, then personalities from different areas, pictures of historical monuments and sights.
The mystery and mysteriousness of the phenomenon of deja vu does not let the scientists
When displaying photos, scientists asked those present to give a description of the image: who or what is on the card. While the subjects thought, the respondents recorded brain activity. Despite having the right answer, the temporal part of the brain is activated. Modern studies of deja vu have shown that when a person does not know the answer, he pulls associations. They form the feeling of repetitive situations.
This mysterious phenomenon is so multifaceted that scientists have created a whole classification and highlight the followingtypes of deja vu:
- directlydeja vu- “already seen”;
- deja century- “already experienced”;
- deja visit- “already visited”;
- Deja Senti- “already felt”;
- the above mentioned opposite state -zhamevyu;
- preskvju- intrusive, and sometimes painful attempts to recall, for example, a well-known word or the name of an old friend;
- "Ladder mind"- a state when a sensible decision or a witty replica comes too late, when this is no longer necessary. For a better understanding: the Russian counterpart - “with hindsight is all strong.”
Physiological causes of deja vu
Despite the diversity of theories, scientists agreed thatparts of the brain are involved in the occurrence of deja vu. The future is under the protection of the frontal part, for the present there is an intermediate zone, and the past is given to the temporal region. In the normal operation of all parts, nothing phenomenal happens. But, if a person is worried about the future, worries about upcoming events, makes various plans, then a deja vu may arise. Explained by physiological reasons.
When conducting a conversation, a person reacts to the person's face. Depending on the mimicry reaction occurs, the brain sends a signal. Physiologists argue that the present time, so short that people can only remember events, but do not experience them.Some situations fall under a short memory, which stores memories no more than 5 minutes, and others under a long-term one.
When experiencing deja vu, a person usually begins to painfully recall when this event was
There are no clear boundaries between the past, the future and the present. When, in a certain situation, there are similarities between short and long memory, the present is perceived by man as the past. From this point of view, the reasons for deja vu arein unique human physiology.
Déjà vu: is this bad or not?
With rare manifestations of this phenomenon is considered non-hazardous and does not require the attention of the doctor.Déjà vu should be distinguished from false memory. In the latter case, the brain is malfunctioning. Unfamiliar events, people perceive as known facts. False memory is included in certain periods:
- 16-18 years old. The adolescent period is accompanied by bright events, emotional reaction and lack of life experience. Not having similar situations behind the shoulders, the teenager turns to fictitious experience or false memory.
- 35-40 years old. The second stage refers to a tipping period when a person experiences a middle-aged crisis.Déjà vu shows nostalgia. A man is calling pictures from the past. He wants to correct past mistakes or start the situation in a different scenario. Memories from the past are not real, attracted to the ideal.
The human brain has been little studied, as well as the phenomenon of deja vu
Good or badfrequent feeling of deja vu? This means that recurring episodes may be the most prominent symptoms of diseases, including schizophrenia, temporary lobar epilepsy. To know exactly what the frequent, even constant feeling of deja vu leads to, and what further actions should be taken, be examined by a doctor. He will give recommendations on how to get rid of deja vu symptoms, which can be very intrusive and cause certain inconveniences.
With the infrequent manifestation of deja vu it will not bring trouble, with the constant symptoms of this phenomenon, you should consult a psychiatrist
Deja vu remains a secret phenomenon, the study of which beats scientists all over the world. It is still unknown why a small percentage of people never encounter this phenomenon. Plus, the reason for what is happening is associated with the brain.Interventions in an important organ are fraught with serious consequences: disability, deafness, paralysis. Therefore, conjectures and theories are built exclusivelyon the sensations and feelings of the subject.
All wedding anniversaries by year
Cage - fashion trend of the season
Questions that a guy can ask a girl
Advantages and features of gymnastics Hud
How to celebrate New Year and Christmas in the USA
Tom Hiddleston - the owner of the best buttocks of the year
Favorite artists in one place
Where to go relaxing alone and intellectuals