Canary Islands - a little piece of paradise
Almost everyone dreams of a vacation in a paradise away from the bustle of the city, problems and concerns. And just such a vacation you get if you decide on a trip to the Canary Islands!
What are these islands?
The Canary Islands is an archipelago consisting of seven large inhabited islands (Tenerife, Homer, Hierro, Palma, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote) and several small ones located in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Africa.
All of them are of volcanic origin, so their relief is interesting and truly unique. The archipelago belongs to the territory of Spain and is one of the autonomous communities of this country. Surprisingly, the islands have two capitals: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Interesting: Canaries are the birthplace of canaries.
Most of the inhabitants of the islands are Spanish, but there are also representatives of the indigenous population - Guanches. The main state language is Spanish, although there are its dialects.The population of all the inhabited islands is about 2.5 million people.
Climate, relief and nature
The nature and relief of the Canary Islands is unique, because here you can see fragrant and dense coniferous forests, formidable volcanoes, vast sand dunes, amazing deciduous plants and flowers, intricate space patterns from frozen volcanic lava and much more.
But the animal world is not so interesting and diverse, as the territory of the islands is dominated by representatives of cattle, reptiles (especially lizards) and birds (the world's famous canaries).
The weather here is very pleasant, as most of the land area has a mild climate. Winter is mild and warm (about 20-22 degrees), and summer is hot (about 25-30 degrees), but tolerated quite easily. The water temperature in the Atlantic Ocean in summer rises to 23-24 degrees, and in winter it drops to 17-20 degrees.
Precipitation is scarce, and in the mountainous regions on the tops you can see snow. For nearly six months there is a trade wind blowing, which brings coolness and freshness from the ocean. You can come here, in principle, at any time of the year.
How to get there?
You can only get to the Canary Islands by plane. There are no direct flights, so you have to make a transfer (and in some cases several). The flight will take about 8-10 hours.
Visa and customs regimes
Since Spain is included in the list of countries participating in the Schengen Agreement, then you will need a visa to enter. To execute it, you will need to submit the following documents to the embassy or representative office of the country: internal and foreign passports and their copies, a completed application form (in duplicate), 2 photos, a medical insurance policy, documents confirming booking of air tickets at two ends and hotel rooms, certificate of employment, as well as an extract from the bank account.
Where to stay?
Almost all hotels in the Canary Islands offer tourists comfortable accommodation and some services. Available as an available two-and three-star, and luxury and comfortable five-star. Room rates vary from 50-80 to 200-300 euros, depending on the "star", location and services provided.
If you want to relax cheaply, then the best option for you would be one of the many hostels. And if you are not afraid of the lack of some amenities, then go to a place for camping and spend the night in a tent.
How to move?
Moving around the islands is done by bus, and ferries provide connections between the islands. In addition, you can rent a scooter, bike, motorcycle or car.
Things to do?
Holidays in the Canary Islands will be interesting, active, varied and relaxing. Variants of pastime:
- A tranquil beach holiday for lovers of lying on the snow-white sand and basking in the sun.
- Fishing, including deep water.
- Practically all water sports: diving, surfing, yachting, windsurfing. Fans of water entertainment will be able to ride a jet ski and go to the open sea by boat.
- Nightlife is in full swing, so you can visit one of the nightclubs, bars or restaurants.
- Be sure to go on a fascinating walk through the mountains and see live amazing volcanic rocks with their intricate shapes.
- Go to one of the parks and enjoy the beauty of the local nature.
- Regularly conducted tours that will allow you to see not only unique natural creations, but also archaeological complexes and ancient cities.
- On the islands of many different amusement parks.
- There is an observatory, so you can almost touch the distant stars and planets.
- Enjoy exotic spa treatments.
- Visit the carnival, which takes place on the island of Tenerife in February of each year.
The main resorts of the Canary Islands:
- The island of Tenerife - the largest and lively. There are many hotels, amusement parks, bars and clubs. An ideal place for youth and family holidays. Here is the tourist center of Los Cristianos, famous for its beaches, as well as one of the most popular resorts of Playa de las Americas.
- The island of Gran Canaria will help you to plunge into the atmosphere of these Canary Islands and find out what they were before. This is where the unique ancient traditions are preserved. In addition, it is worth going here if you want to not only relax, but also improve your health.
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is a lively city. This place is suitable for those who want to know how the inhabitants of the islands live and what they do. Also there are a lot of beaches.
- Carnival and other events are held annually in Santa Cruz, so for lovers of such celebrations it’s better to go here.
- The island of Lanzarote is a paradise for those who appreciate chic holidays and comfortable conditions. There are many fashionable hotels and entertainment centers.
- The island of Fuerteventura will amaze you with its amazing forms and intricate relief, formed as a result of the activity of volcanoes.
- Puerto de la Cruz is the perfect place to unite with nature.
What's so interesting?
What to see in the Canary Islands? Major attractions and places of interest:
- "Loro Park" is a famous park of parrots, in which you can see many species of these birds.
- Aquapark Akvalened, located in Gran Canaria.
- The unique dunes of Maspalomas.
- Teide National Park.
- Pyramids in Güimar are unique structures whose history is still unknown.
- The cliffs of the Giants - conquering their amazing beauty rock formations.
- The mountains of Anaga - a terrific place with gorgeous nature.
- The park of volcanoes Timanfaya allow you to appreciate the greatness of the unique natural creations.
- Fire Mountains on Lanzarote.
- Observation site "Mirador del Rio", located in Lanzarote.
- Basalt columns Los Organos.
- National Park Lagartario.
- The Museum of Betancuria, located right in the crater of an extinct volcano.
The traditional cuisine of the Canary Islands is simple dishes and a variety of products. Here they love various vegetable soups, sausages, fish in all its manifestations, vegetables, seafood, meat (especially pork), as well as vegetables and cheeses. The inhabitants of the islands prefer simple ways of processing, the most popular is frying and boiling. And the most popular alcoholic drink here is beer.
How much is a trip to the Canary Islands? The cost can vary from 500 to 1-2 thousand euros per week stay. If you do not use the services of tour operators and book hotel rooms and air tickets yourself, you can save.
Let the rest succeed, give a lot of impressions and be remembered!
Josh Duhamel commented on rumors of a romance with Jennifer Garner
If movie heroines wore items from new collections
Crocheted Easter egg case - Bunny
Decorations for the New Year. From hands to heart