Camembert - cheese that will surprise you
The whole world knows that France is famous for the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and, of course, French cheeses. Camembert occupies a worthy place among the delicious cheese products of France.
According to legend, during the French Revolution an ordinary peasant from a village called Camembert sheltered a priest in her home. In gratitude for this noble act, the priest told her the recipe for a new cheese.
Another legend says that the first time Marie Harel prepared and presented Napoleon III cheese for the opening of the railway. The ruler praised the taste of Camembert and ordered that the product is always kept in his pantry.
Anyway, later this recipe was appreciated by gourmets from all over the world. On how to choose the most delicious cheese, we will describe below.
What to look for when choosing?
The thickness of this camembert is 3 cm, and its diameter is 10.5-11 cm. Cheese is produced all the year round, but in the spring it is especially appetizing.
Know that the best camembert is produced in Normandy.This is not surprising, since it is Normandy that is considered the birthplace of this dessert. Camembert de Normandie Appellation d’Origine Controlee au Lait Cru is applied to the cheese. This means that the product is made from the best milk that is produced in a strictly defined area.
Thus, if a camembert was prepared according to a traditional recipe, and if a stamp is applied to it, then this is the best cheese that you can find.
The consistency of the product should be dense and thick. A delicious aroma of fresh cheese can not be confused with anything.
You can try the most delicious Camembert 5 days before the expiration date of the cheese. The product reaches its peak of taste at 4-5 weeks. It is very important not to over-ripen cheese, otherwise it will not be so fragrant.
Do not eat and expired product. Many believe that once the blue cheese, then nothing will happen to it. But it is not so. In a product with an expired shelf life, harmful bacteria multiply and interfere with normal digestion.
The main criteria to consider when choosing are:
- Choose cheese made in France.
- Pay attention to the presence of strips on the product - they should be. This is the imprint of the grate where the product was kept.
- Bright mildew indicates that the cheese is young.The yellowish surface indicates that the product is more seasoned. It is necessary to give preference to young cheese.
How to serve?
Before you serve Camembert, it must be cleaned of mucus. After you need to stand for 2-3 hours at room temperature. This will give the opportunity to reveal the aroma in full. Then you need to cut the camembert pieces. Semi-hard cheese is served with special spoons.
Snacks can be served with bread and red wine. Here it is necessary to take into account an important rule: it is not wine that is jammed with cheese, but cheese is washed down with wine.
In addition to the cheese plate, grapes, nuts, apples or pears are perfect.
Can you do it yourself?
In fact, it's not necessary to buy a delicacy in the store. It can be cooked at home. However, before this will need to prepare.
So, you will need:
- not aluminum and not enamelled pan, volume not less than 4 liters;
- special forms for cheese, which are containers with a lot of holes, which are needed in order to freely express the whey. It is also desirable that the forms be without bottom;
- a cover with holes;
- plastic container.
- pasteurized milk - 3 l;
- Geotrichum Candidum mold - at the tip of a knife
- mesophilic starter - 75 ml (in solution)
- milk-clotting enzyme - 0.1 g
- White mold Penicillium Candidum - at the tip of a knife
- calcium chloride (water solution 10%) - 1 ampoule
- salt - 2/3 tbsp.
Before you start cooking cheese, you need to pour boiling water over your entire inventory.
- On the water bath, we warm pasteurized milk to 32 degrees.
- Dissolve mesophilic starter in 75 ml of water.
- When the milk is heated to the desired temperature, add the leaven.
- Turn off the fire and mix.
- Add two types of mold.
- Leave for 2-3 minutes, then mix.
- Pour in calcium chloride solution.
- Dissolve the milk-clotting enzyme in 50 ml of water. It must be added exactly 10 minutes after the leaven has been added.
- Leave for half an hour. During this time, the mass should thicken.
- We cut the resulting mass into cubes about 1.5 cm. We cut first at the top, then horizontally, and then from right to left. Give the serum back.
- Heat to 32 degrees, stir for 20 minutes. Then we give rest again.
- Drain the serum.
- Cheese impose in the form, tamping. Leave so for a couple of hours.
- After we turn it over. And we do it every half hour another 8 times.
The main stages are finished. Now you need to Camembert infused. For this:
- We fill the plastic container with napkins, put the container with holes on top and put Camembert there.
- Wipes should be changed as whey goes. The cheese must be turned every day so that the mold is distributed evenly.
After the product is completely covered with mold, you must wrap it in foil and put it in the refrigerator. It will happen in about 2 weeks. In the refrigerator store about 3-4 weeks.
After this time, you can enjoy the savory taste of Kamaber cheese, made by hand.
How to surprise guests?
On cold days, roasted camembert is especially popular with hostesses. This snack you can enjoy yourself, or surprise the guests.
You will need:
- Camaber - 1 pack;
- orange peel - 1 pinch;
- cherry jam - 1 tbsp. l .;
- egg - 1 piece;
- breadcrumbs - to taste;
- vegetable oil - to taste.
Next, do the following:
- Remove the cheese from the refrigerator, let it lie at room temperature for about half an hour.
- Dip each head in a beaten egg.
- Dip in the breading several times to make its layer more dense.
- Immerse the cheese in a well-heated butter and gently push with a fork.
- Half a minute later, roasted camembert can be reached.
Serve the dish with a spoonful of cherry or lingonberry jam, pre-sprinkled with zest.
To serve dishes look more elegant, purchase small portion packs.
Truly royal Camembert cheese is good at self-serve, however, the chefs do not overlook it. Try this snack and you, because it is not only very tasty, but also useful!
One room apartment - we use space to the maximum
How to make a mask for combination skin
Robin Wright married Clement Giraud
How not to make a mistake when building a two-story house
How to understand a woman that a man is in love with
Who brought back the stripes to fashion and how to wear them
Andreeva and Bondarchuk became the most beautiful couple of Kinotavr-2017