Barley porridge - simple, but very tasty
Porridges are nutritious, tasty and healthy, so you need to include them in your diet. And how to cook barley porridge? And how is it useful?
What it is?
What cereal is barley porridge made from? From barley. In fact, this is the same barley, but there are some differences. So, if the pearl barley is cleaned, but not crushed, then the barley is crushed, but not peeled and unpolished barley.
This method of processing allows you to keep the maximum nutrients, so that the benefits will be maximum. This kind of cereal is used for cooking cereals.
Barley itself is the oldest cereal, from which, from the earliest times, mankind cooks a wide variety of dishes (soups, cereals) and even beverages (for example, barley kvass or barley beer).
The composition of barley cereals is very, very rich. It contains proteins, complex carbohydrates, fiber, starch, dietary fiber, natural sugars, saturated fatty acids. There are a lot of vitamins: D, E, A, group B, PP and others.
Minerals, macro- and microelements, for example, zinc, fluorine, boron, molybdenum, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, sulfur, chromium, silicon, sodium and so on are also included in the composition.Calorie average: 100 grams of cereals have a little more than 300 calories.
Now we list the beneficial properties of barley cereals:
- There are quite a lot of phosphorus, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the brain. Without it, brain activity, in principle, would be virtually impossible.
- Fiber and dietary fibers that make up the body are useful for digestion, because, firstly, they stimulate peristalsis (contractions) of the intestinal walls, which helps to avoid constipation, and secondly, it cleans away toxins and toxins not only the intestines, but the entire body generally.
- There is a lot of vegetable protein, which is absorbed almost completely. A protein is needed not only for the muscles (it is used by all athletes), but also for all tissues of the body, because the cells consist precisely of it.
- Calcium is necessary for strengthening bone tissue, without it our bones would be fragile and fragile.
- It is proved that the substances contained in the barley helps to alleviate the condition with allergies and increase the body's resistance to allergens.
- This is a great diet product! First, in a portion of such porridge is not a lot of calories.Secondly, one plate of such a dish will give you satiety and energy for a few hours. Thirdly, barley grind prevents the accumulation of carbohydrates and fats "in stock", because it contains carbohydrates that are absorbed slowly.
- Such porridge will be useful in diabetes (thanks to the same complex digestible carbohydrates).
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects the body from the damaging activity of free radicals. Such activity, firstly, destroys healthy cells and provokes premature aging, secondly, contributes to the growth of malignant cells (and this leads to the development of cancer).
- B vitamins are essential for the normal functioning of the central nervous system.
- Iron is necessary for anemia, as well as for its prevention.
- Magnesium is useful for the nervous system. It helps to increase stress resistance, normalize sleep and get rid of nervous tension.
- Potassium is useful for the cardiovascular system, since it strengthens the heart muscle and improves the contractile activity of the heart.
- This porridge has an enveloping effect on the mucous membranes of the organs of the digestive tract, therefore it is useful in ulcers and gastritis without exacerbation.
- There is a mild diuretic effect, which allows you to get rid of swelling.
- Barley also has anti-inflammatory effects and is even a natural antibiotic.
Can such a tasty porridge harm? In any case, any products should not be abused, so that one plate per day (or even every other day) will be quite enough.
There are some contraindications:
- Exacerbations of certain diseases of the digestive system.
- Individual intolerance.
How to cook porridge?
How to cook barley porridge? There is nothing complicated about it. You can cook it with milk and water. There are also various recipes with the addition of berries, nuts and other ingredients.
Here is the technology of cooking barley porridge:
- First, the croup should be washed in cold water to remove all contaminants. Since washing you remove gluten and starch, the longer you do it, the more crumbly and less calorie-rich the porridge will be. But washing is desirable in any case.
- Water or milk should be boiled. The amount of liquid depends on the desired consistency of porridge.So, if you want to get crumbly porridge, which can be served as a garnish, then on one part of the cereal take 2 parts of water. If you need thick porridge, then take three parts of the liquid. And to get a viscous and almost liquid porridge on the part of the cereal requires 4 parts of water. If you prefer milk, so that it does not burn very much and run away, dilute it with water (in equal proportions).
- So the liquid was boiling. Pour the cereal. Boil the porridge, stirring occasionally, until ready. It usually takes about 15-25 minutes.
- Then you can turn off the heat and cover the pan with a lid to make the porridge thicken. You can add butter, honey, sugar, jam, or something else. Delicious cereal with fruits and berries, as well as nuts.
You can cook at least useful and tasty barley soup. And how to cook it? It's simple. Here's what you need:
- ½ cup barley grits;
- 2 liters of water;
- 2 potatoes;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 200 grams of beef or veal;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste or 1 tomato;
- green onions and dill.
- First put a pot of water on the fire, immerse the meat in it, let it cook until ready.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the potatoes, rinse the cereal in cold water.
- Wash and peel the carrots, peel the garlic and onions. Grate the carrots, chop the onion finely, as does the garlic. Fry the vegetables in vegetable oil.
- When the meat is cooked, take it out, run the potatoes and cereal into the broth.
- After 5-10 minutes add frying.
- After another 5-7 minutes, add tomato paste and herbs, salt the soup. If instead of pasta you decide to use a tomato, pour it with boiling water, peel and grind on a blender or a meat grinder.
- Boil still 3 minutes, then cover the pan with a lid and leave for half an hour.
- Treat the household!
Let barley groats please you with goodies and taste!
Methods of restoring vision
Making Christmas toys with your own hands on the tree: master class
Madonna starred in a blatant ad for her cosmetics line
How to respond to rudeness
We wallow and watch: 8 new TV series in February
Aluminum Can Whistle
Ten most expensive spices in the world