Que Es Atazanavir Sulfato Y Para Que Sirve
What Is Atazanavir?
Atazanavir is an antiviral medicine that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from multiplying in your body.
Atazanavir is used with other medications to treat HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).Atazanavir is not a cure for HIV or AIDS.
Atazanavir is for use in adults and children who are at least 3 months old and weigh at least 11 pounds (5 kilograms).
Atazanavir may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any you start or stop using.Many drugs can interact with atazanavir, and some drugs should not be used together.
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction to atazanavir.
Some medicines can cause unwanted or dangerous effects when used with atazanavir.Your doctor may need to change your treatment plan if you use:
- sildenafil (Revatio, for treating pulmonary arterial hypertension);
- St. John's wort;
- antipsychotic medicine--lurasidone, pimozide;
- antiviral medicine--elbasvir/grazoprevir, indinavir, nevirapine;
- ergot medicines--dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, ergonovine, methylergonovine;
- medicine to lower cholesterol--lovastatin, simvastatin; or
- sedative medicines--triazolam, oral midazolam.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- liver disease (especially hepatitis B or C);
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis);
- kidney stones or gallstones;
- a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia; or
- heart problems.
Atazanaviroral powdermay contain phenylalanine. Tell your doctor if you have phenylketonuria (PKU).
HIV can be passed to your baby if you are not properly treated during pregnancy. Take all of your HIV medicines as directed to control your infection.Your dose needs may be different during pregnancy and for a short time after childbirth.
If you are pregnant, your name may be listed on a registry to track the effects of atazanavir on the baby.
Atazanavir can make hormonal birth control less effective (birth control pills, injections, implants, skin patches, vaginal rings). Use a condom or diaphragm with spermicide to prevent pregnancy.
Women with HIV or AIDS should not breast-feed a baby. Even if your baby is born without HIV, the virus may be passed to the baby in your breast milk.
Atazanavir should not be given to a child younger than 3 months old and weighing less than 11 pounds (5 kilograms).
Atazanavir Side Effects
Get emergency medical help if you havesigns of an allergic reaction(hives, difficult breathing, swelling in your face or throat)or a severe skin reaction(fever, sore throat, burning in your eyes, skin pain, red or purple skin rash that spreads and causes blistering and peeling).
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- sudden dizziness (like you might pass out);
- severe pain in your side or lower back, painful urination, blood in your urine;
- high blood sugar--increased thirst, increased urination, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, headache, blurred vision; or
- liver or gallbladder problems--nausea, vomiting, upper stomach pain, itching, fever, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Atazanavir affects your immune system, which may cause certain side effects (even weeks or months after you've taken this medicine). Tell your doctor if you have:
- signs of a new infection--fever, night sweats, swollen glands, cold sores, cough, wheezing, diarrhea, weight loss;
- trouble speaking or swallowing, problems with balance or eye movement;
- weakness or prickly feeling, loss of bladder or bowel control; or
- swelling in your neck or throat (enlarged thyroid), menstrual changes, impotence.
Common side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea;
- headache, muscle pain;
- depressed mood, sleep problems (insomnia);
- numbness, tingling, or burning pain in your hands or feet; or
- changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Use the medicine exactly as directed. Atazanavir is often used together with another medicine called ritonavir (Norvir).
Atazanavir should be taken once daily with food. Swallow thecapsulewhole.
Drink extra fluids to keep your kidneys working properly while using this medicine.
Read and carefully follow any Instructions for Use provided with your medicine.Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you do not understand these instructions.
Atazanavirpowdermust be mixed with a food or liquid, and taken within one hour of mixing. Give the ritonavir dose to your child immediately after giving the atazanavir mixture.
Tell your doctor if the child has any changes in weight. Atazanavir doses are based on weight in children, and any changes may affect your child's dose.
You will need frequent medical tests.
Your dose needs may change if you switch to a different brand, strength, or form of this medicine.Avoid medication errors by using only the form and strength your doctor prescribes.
HIV is often treated with a combination of drugs. Use all medications as directed and read all medication guides you receive.Do not change your dose or dosing schedule without your doctor's advice.Every person with HIV should remain under the care of a doctor.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Take the medicine as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if your next dose is due in less than 6 hours.Do notuse two doses at one time.
Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
Copyright 1996-2019 Cerner Multum, Inc.
Video: Detail of HIV drug atazanavir +ritonavir
Stressed at Work
A carrier version of the F-35, the most expensive aircraft in history, landed on an aircraft carrier for the first time in November 2014. Four years later, an American F-35B conducted its first combat operation from the deck of a US Navy amphibious assault ship
How to Write Shorter Sentences
The dirtiest places in airports are not in the bathroom
How to Turn Negative Thoughts Into Positive Thoughts
How to Do a Water Change in a Freshwater Aquarium
How to Update Google Chrome
10 Best Waterproof Makeup Products Available In India
Wean Green Meal Bowl: Best Food Storage Container
Should Canned Tuna Be Pulled from School Cafeterias
How to Calculate Bond Duration
5 Strength-Training Mistakes That Are Wrecking Your Workouts
Why Stone Brewing Company Is Suing MillerCoors
Abs Workout: A 15-Minute Yoga Practice