Apricot Compote Recipe
Compotes are useful and tasty, especially if you cook them yourself from local fruits. If you have apricots, try making a fragrant drink from them.
What apricots will do?
To make the compote really tasty, pick the right apricots. First, they should be ripe: unripe will give the ready-made drink an unpleasant bitterness, and ripe and soft will make it cloudy and unattractive. Secondly, use only quality fruits without any signs of rotting, insect damage and spoilage.
Important! Cook compote as soon as possible after collecting apricots, as they are not stored for long and quickly deteriorate.
How to cook compote?
How to cook a really delicious, aromatic and healthy apricot compote for the winter? There are many ways, and several are described below.
You will need this:
- three liters of water;
- 20-25 pieces of ripe apricots of medium size;
- seven tablespoons of granulated sugar;
- one lemon.
Description of preparation:
- Apricots should be thoroughly washed, divided into halves and extracted pits. But if you want to leave the fruits whole, then do not touch them.
- Pour water into the pan and bring it to a boil.
- After boiling, dip the apricots into the water.
- Wait until the mixture starts to boil again. If this happens, pour sugar into the pan, and reduce the fire to a minimum.
- After five minutes of boiling under a lid, add lemon zest to the compote and boil the drink for about ten minutes.
- Give the drink to stand and cool, and then drink it warm or chilled.
This method is suitable for sunset compote for the winter. The list of components is as follows:
- kilogram of ripened apricots;
- 600-700 grams of granulated sugar;
- 2.5 liters of water (it is undesirable to use tap water, it can spoil the taste);
- five teaspoons of rum or brandy to taste.
- You can pre-free the fruit from the bones and peel. To do this, first for a minute, immerse them in boiling water, and then put them in cold water: after such manipulations, the skins are easily removed. Next, remove the stone, while dividing the apricots into halves.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add sugar and dissolve it completely.
- Put your apricots in boiling syrup, cook them for about 10-15 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids, pour the compote you just removed from the stove over them, add the rum as desired and roll it out.
This compote is tasty and fragrant, has a spicy taste. The set of products is as follows:
- half a kilogram of well-stocked apricots;
- five full tablespoons of natural honey;
- five leaves of fresh mint;
- a quarter of a lemon;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- a pinch of cinnamon.
Preparing a drink in this way:
- First, wash the apricots, pour in boiling water, peel off the skin and free from stones. Then, in any way, grind them for maximum extraction of juice.
- Pour the apricot puree with water, put the container with the mixture on the fire and cook for about five minutes on medium heat.
- Strain the drink after cooling through gauze or other fabric, add squeezed lemon juice, cinnamon and pre-washed mint leaves.
- Mix well and put in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve the drink chilled, it is very refreshing in the heat of summer!
Delicious and bright compote of apricots and oranges. And you need to prepare this:
- liter of water;
- one juicy large orange;
- 300 grams of juicy apricots;
- 150-170 grams of sugar.
- Pour boiling water over the orange, peel it off, and then cut the citrus into half rings or cubes.
- Apricots should also be cleared of stones and skins, also immersed in boiling water, removing the peel, and then dividing in half and taking out all the excess.
- Now put chopped apricots with orange in a thick-bottomed pan, cover them with sugar and leave for an hour.
- Then put the pot on the stove and cook the mixture for about fifteen minutes to thicken it a little.
- Add hot water, bring the mixture to a boil again, distribute over sterilized jars and roll with the key.
And this is a multicomponent compote. Ingredients are:
- 10 plums;
- 10 apricots;
- 1 large red apple;
- three liters of water;
- sugar to your taste (the amount depends on the sweetness of the fruit);
- fresh mint.
- Plums with apricots after immersion in boiling water for a minute, clean the skin.Divide the fruit into halves, reach for the bones. Apple knife with a knife, cut the core, cut into slices.
- Put all the fruits in a saucepan, cover with water and boil.
- After boiling pour sugar, then boil the compote for about 20 minutes.
- It remains to pour the drink on the banks and roll them.
Be sure to try to cook the most delicious apricot compote using one of the suggested recipes!
The network got touching footage from a walk by Irina Sheik and Bradley Cooper
12 products that are better not to cut, but grated
Features and sequence of mounting siding
After 30 years, the working day will last only 4 hours
The best decorations of Cannes - 2017