How to make Apple Crumb Pie
Apple Crunch Pie
refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust (from a 15-oz box)
1/2 c. plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 c. packed light-brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
stick cold butter
medium to large tart apples (about 3 1/4 lb), such as Granny Smith, Pippins or Greenings
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. granulated sugar
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Have ready a 9-in. pie plate and a baking sheet. Place oven rack in lowest position in oven. Heat oven to 450°F.
- Make Crust: Line pie plate with pie crust as package directs. Flute or crimp edge.
- Make Crumb Topping: Mix flour, sugars and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or rub in with fingertips) until mixture forms moist, coarse crumbs that clump together easily.
- Make Filling: Peel, quarter and core apples. Cut in 1⁄8-in.-thick slices by hand (or with slicing disk of a food processor). Put into a large bowl. Toss with lemon juice to coat. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over apple slices; toss to coat.
- Layer apple slices in pie shell, mounding them higher in center. Pat topping evenly over apples to form a top crust.
- Place pie on the baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake 45 minutes longer or until a skewer meets some resistance when center of pie is pierced (apples will continue to cook after pie is removed from oven) and topping is golden brown. If topping is browning too quickly, drape a piece of foil over pie. Cool pie completely on a wire rack before serving.
Video: Apple Crumble Pie
Billy Bush Officially Leaves the Today Show After Reaching a Settlement with NBC
You HAVE to See Jennifer Anistons New Haircut
A Skinny Ms. Guide to Food Choices: Eat This Not That
DIET IN A DAY: MAX WHITLOCK
Beef Bourguignon with Potato and Parsnip Mash Recipe
Angelina Jolie To Have More Preventative Cancer Surgery
Vision in White by Nora Roberts
Get on your bike for the Cycle Show 2009
How to Make Eyebrows Darker
Will Scary Movies Give Me Nightmares
6 Ways to Cope with Parkinson’s Related Psychosis
How to Make a Christmas Stocking
6 Best Workout Routines for a Toned Butt
5 Strength-Training Mistakes That Are Wrecking Your Workouts
19 Pop Culture Halloween Costume Ideas That’ll Snag MajorAttention
Date: 06.12.2018, 14:24 / Views: 33235