Breakfast Casserole Recipes - Egg Bake Recipe - Eggs Spinach Mozzarella Cheese Casseroles - Jazevox
8 New Ideas For Breakfast Casseroles
Cooking for a crowd? Make the morning meal easy with a casserole that will feed everyone at once. And because no one wants the same old, same old breakfast, we turned to some fantastic food bloggers to get ideas for different—and healthy—casseroles. The result? Tasty dishes that incorporate everything from quinoa to cornbread to chickpeas. A word of advice: you’ll want to make enough for seconds.
MORE:10 Easy Egg Recipes Made With Just 5 Ingredients
Created by: HealthyTippingPoint.com
3 c loosely packed spinach
½ c broccoli slaw
1¼ c cornbread mix, prepared per packaging directions
2 Tbsp coconut oil or other oil
1. HEAToven to 425°F. Place spinach and slaw in hot wok with oil. Cook until limp, about 2 minutes.
2. POURcornbread mixture into greased cast iron dish and bake for 10 minutes.
3. REMOVEcornbread from oven and place spinach and slaw on top.
4. COMBINEeggs, and pinch of salt and black pepper in small bowl. Beat thoroughly.
5. POURegg mixture on top of veggies and cornbread and bake for 20 minutes.
6. REMOVEfrom oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into quarters.
NUTRITION(per serving) 408 cal, 13 g pro, 44 g carb, 5 g fiber, 1 g sugars, 20 g fat, 9.5 g sat fat, 779 mg sodium
MORE:8 Fresh Takes On Your Favorite Breakfasts
Created by: BakersRoyale.com
1 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp olive oil
½ sm onion, chopped
2 c cremini mushrooms
½ c leeks, green and white parts only
6 c baby spinach (6oz)
6 slices crusty bread
1 c finely grated Parmesan
5 lg eggs
¾ c whole milk
1 c shredded Gruyère cheese
1. HEAToven to 400°F. Brush 1 Tbsp olive oil onto 12” oven safe pan (or a 9” x 13” baking dish).
2. HEATremaining 3 Tbsp olive oil in large skilled over medium-high heat. Stir in onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in mushrooms and leeks and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. ARRANGEbread slices in a single layer in skillet. Layer bread with mushroom mixture. Crack eggs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Pour milk evenly over top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until eggs are set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
NUTRITION(per serving) 498 cal, 26 g pro, 44 g carb, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugars, 25 g fat, 9 g sat fat, 794 mg sodium
Created by: FamilyFreshCooking.com
Didn't think quinoa was a breakfast food? Think again. This dish pairs the nutritious grain with rich and wintery flavors, like sweet potato and pomegranate.
2 c light unsweetened coconut milk
1 c black quinoa
½ c dried fruit, (such as Goji berries or fruit juice sweetened dried cranberries)
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
¾ c mashed sweet potato
2 lg eggs, whisked
freshly whipped cream
1. HEAToven to 350°F with rack in the middle. Coat an oven safe pie dish or 9” x 9” casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. RINSEquinoa under cold water. Combine coconut milk, quinoa, dried fruit, ½ tsp fine sea salt, cinnamon, and ginger in large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes until all liquid has evaporated and quinoa is creamy. Remove from heat, transfer to mixing bowl and mix in mashed sweet potato and eggs. Stir in ½ c water before baking; it should be a bit runny.
3. ADDmixture to prepared baking dish. Bake for about 25 minutes, until eggs and casserole are set and not jiggly. Top with additional toppings, if desired.
NUTRITION(per serving) 239 cal, 8 g pro, 34 g carb, 4 g fiber, 10 g sugars, 8 g fat, 3.5 g sat fat, 225 mg sodium
MORE:10 Traditional Breakfast Casseroles
Created by: RunningWithSpoons.com
¼ c rolled oats
2 Tbsp oat bran
2 Tbsp flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ c vanilla almond milk
½ Tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ c fresh or frozen blueberries
1. HEAToven to 375°F. Lightly coat an individual sized ramekin with oil.
2. COMBINEoats, oat bran, flour, baking powder, and ¼ tsp salt in medium-sized bowl. Add almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Fold in blueberries.
3. TRANSFERdough to greased ramekin, topping with a few extra blueberries if desired. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on desired consistency.
NUTRITION(per serving) 237 cal, 8 g pro, 49 g carb, 54 g fiber, 14 g sugars, 3 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 741 mg sodium
Created by: iFoodReal.com
Top this berry-filled quinoa bake with a dollop of Greek yogurt and you’ve got a delicious and protein-packed breakfast.
½ c dry quinoa
½ c steel cut oats
1½ c blueberries
½ c raspberries
¼ c unsweetened coconut flakes, optional
2 c 1% milk
2 lg eggs or ½ c egg whites
1 to 2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
3 med very ripe bananas, sliced
Non-fat Greek yogurt, for topping
1. RINSEquinoa and oats with cold running water until water runs clear, about 3 times. Drain well and set aside. Wash and drain berries. Set aside. Toast coconut in small skillet on low to medium heat or in the oven at 375°F until golden brown. Set aside.
2. WHISKmilk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and ¼ tsp salt in medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. HEAToven to 375°F and coat 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of bananas, blueberries and raspberries in an even layer on bottom. Using spoon or spatula, spread rinsed quinoa and oats on top. Top with remaining banana and berries. Slowly pour liquid mixture in corner of baking dish. Sprinkle with coconut flakes, if using, and bake for 1 hour, uncovered.
4. REMOVEfrom the oven and let cool 45 to 60 minutes. Cut into 9 slices and serve hot, warm or cold with a dollop of Greek yogurt, if desired.
NUTRITION(per serving) 182 cal, 7 g pro, 30 g carb, 4 g fiber, 12 g sugars, 4.5 g fat, 2.5 g sat fat, 106 mg sodium
MORE:20 Guilt-Free Brunch Ideas
Created by: AllDayIDreamAboutFood.com
It doesn't get easier than this: Simply add the ingredients to your slow cooker, and wake up to breakfast.
SERVINGS: 6 to 8
1 med head broccoli, chopped
1 12-oz package sausage links, cooked and sliced
1 c shredded Cheddar, divided
¾ c whipping cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. GREASEthe ceramic interior of a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. LAYERone half of the broccoli, half of the sausage and half of the cheese into the slow cooker. Repeat with remaining broccoli, sausage and cheese.
3. WHISKeggs, whipping cream, garlic, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper in large bowl until well combined. Pour over layered ingredients.
4. COVERand cook on low 4 to 5 hours or high 2 to 3 hours, until browned on the edges and set in center.
NUTRITION(per serving) 484 cal, 1 g pro, 5 g carb, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugars, 39 g fat, 17 g sat fat, 858 mg sodium
Created by: BitterSweetBlog.com
The secret ingredient in this veggie-packed vegan quiche? Chickpeas!
SERVINGS: 8 to 10
Whole Wheat Crust:
¾ c white whole-wheat flour
⅓ c barley flour
¼ c olive oil
1 med zucchini, chopped into half-rounds
½ med red bell pepper, chopped into short, thin strips
½ c peas, fresh or frozen and thawed
3 scallions, thinly sliced
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
½ c garbanzo bean flour
1 Tbsp potato starch
2 tsp yeast
¼ tsp thyme
Pinch dried sage
⅛ tsp paprika
⅛ tsp baking powder
1 c vegetable stock or water
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. HEAToven to 350°F, and lightly coat 9" round fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray.
2. COMBINEboth flours and ¼ tsp salt in large bowl and add oil. Mix well using a food processor or by hand, then drizzle ¼ c cold water until dough forms.
3. PLACEdough into prepared tart pan, and use fingertips to press evenly into the bottom and up the sides. If it seems sticky, lightly moisten hands. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, and let cool.
4. TOSSchopped veggies, scallions, and garlic together then transfer into par-baked crust. In separate bowl, whisk together garbanzo flour, potato starch, yeast, ½ tsp salt, herbs, spices, and baking powder. Pour in vegetable stock and oil, and whisk until smooth. It should be about the consistency of pancake batter. Pour mixture on top of veggies in quiche pan, making sure to fill all gaps. Lightly tap the pan on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
5. BAKE45 to 55 minutes, until filling appears set and light golden brown on top. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing.
NUTRITION(per serving) 147 cal, 4 g pro, 17 g carb, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugars, 7.5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 185 mg sodium
Created by: SugarDishMe.com
If you can't imagine breakfast without bacon, this bake is for you.
8 slices French bread (about 1" thick), toasted
¼ c butter, for spreading
6 slices bacon, cooked (set aside 2 tsp bacon grease) and coarsely chopped
1 med onion, diced
5 oz fresh spinach
1½ c 1% milk
1½ c sharp white Cheddar
1. SPREADtoasted bread with butter and cut into cubes. Set aside.
2. ADDonion to pan with bacon grease and cook until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Place spinach on top of onions and cook until wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. COAT9" X 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk. In large bowl toss bread cubes with the spinach and onion mixture, and sprinkle with bacon.
4. ADDbread mixture to prepared baking dish. Pour egg mixture over bread. Add cheese and stir. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. HEATthe oven to 350°F. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly. Serve warm.
Video: 9 So Tasty Breakfast Recipes at Home - How To Make Breakfast
Will Hypnotherapy Help You Stop Smoking
Work On A Cruise Ship
Prepare to Fall In Love With Olivia Palermos 40 Zara Bag
How to Build a Video Store Business
This Sleek, High-Tech Fitness Tracker Is On Sale For Less Than 100
How to Teach Children Liberal Values
Your September Horoscope: Its Virgo Season, Yall
Why we have a total style crush on Emily Ratajkowski
Tory Burch Pre-Fall 2019 Collection
Southwest makes emergency landing after man kept touching woman: report
Victoria Beckham Swears By This New Super-Potent Roll-On Elixir for Eyes
Kim Kardashian’s Receiving an Award for Breaking theInternet
My son was accepted to Juilliard