How to Touch a Guy - 8 Ways to Touch a Man
How to Touch a Guy
If you want to make a guy fall for you, you have to know how to touch him the right way, while making sure your advances are welcomed. There are different reasons for touching a guy, depending on the stage of your relationship with him. If you're just getting to know him, you may just want to touch him to show affection. If you want to spice things up, you can touch him to be flirtatious. And if you're already dating or hooking up, then you'll need to know how to touch a guy to turn him on. If you want to know how to touch a guy, just follow these steps.
Touch a Guy to Show Affection
Hug a guy.If you want to show a guy affection, hugging him is a great way to know you care. Just lean close to him, put your arms around him, and don't linger too long unless you want to show him that you really like him. You should have a good reason for hugging the guy, like congratulating him on an accomplishment, or greeting him when he walks into a room, if you know him pretty well already.
- Move your head to the side so you don't awkwardly bring your face too close to his.
Squeeze a guy's shoulder.Squeezing a guy's shoulder is another way to show him that you care about him. Just reach over and give either his right or left shoulder a quick, gentle squeeze when you're sitting next to or facing the guy. You can do this to calm him down about something, to let him know that everything's okay, or just to show him that you're happy to see him.
- Squeeze his shoulder for a quick second -- there's no need to linger.
Touch his elbow.When you stand facing the guy, reach out to put your hand on his elbow with an open palm. Just gently touch his elbow to show him affection and to break the touch barrier. If your hand lingers, it'll look more intimate, but a quick pat on the elbow will just show him that you care -- and can lead to something more.
Pat the guy's hand.If you and the guy are sitting down with your hands on a table, or if you're sitting and the guy's hand is on his knees, you can reach over and gently pat the top of his hand for a second. This is a great way to reassure the guy and to make him feel special without getting too intimate. Don't try to hold his hand or linger your hand over the top of his -- that can come later, if you like.
Pat the guy on the back.Patting the guy on the back is another great way to show affection. Just pat the top of his back, just below his shoulder, to show him that you can care. Patting the guy on the back once or twice is a good way to make an exit, or to say hello in that half-hug way without making things too awkward.
Put your arm around him.Putting your arm around a guy is another great way to show affection. You can just put your arm around him while you're walking, letting your arm rest just below his shoulders. This is a great way to show affection that can be interpreted as "buddy-buddy" -- or as something more. Just don't make him feel uncomfortable.
Touch a Guy to Flirt
Kiss the guy on the cheek.Kissing a guy on the cheek is a great way to touch him flirtatiously without coming on too strong. This typically happens when you greet or say goodbye to a hug, and you both lean in to give a kiss on opposite cheeks. Just make sure that you know the guy well enough and that the occasion is appropriate -- you shouldn't try this move if you're saying hello in the halls or in a class, but you can try it if you're saying hello or goodbye at the end of a party or when you're out with your friends.
- When you kiss the guy on the cheek, let your lips just graze the side of his cheek. Don't give him a wet, sloppy kiss.
- Make sure that he's leaning in for the kiss or cheek-to-cheek move, too.
Give him a playful smack.Another way to be flirtatious is to lightly hit the guy when you're talking. You can gently hit him on his upper arm if you're both standing up, or hit him on the knee if you're both sitting down. This is a move that says, "Oh, stop it! But really, don't..." Make sure you do this lightly and don't hit him too hard, or he'll be put off.
- When you're being playful like this, it's important that the guy is reciprocating. If you're playfully hitting him from time to time, he should return the gesture.
Kick him under the table.This is another low-key but effective way to touch a guy flirtatiously. If you're sitting across from each other and he says something that makes you laugh or which was meant to elicit an "Ew!" or "Gross!" reaction, then you can playfully kick the top of his foot with your own. If you're feeling bold, you can playfully kick him under the table and then move your feet so that they're just touching his, daring him to move.
Play with his hair.Playing with a guy's hair is a great way to flirt with him. This is a pretty bold move, so you shouldn't over use it and find a good reason to do it. For example, if the guy just got a haircut, you can gently squeeze his hair to tease him. If his hair looks a little messy, you can playfully try to fix it, using it as an excuse to touch him. Just make sure he likes it -- it's a pretty intimate gesture, and not every guy likes to have his hair touched.
Touch his knees with yours.If you and the guy are sitting across from each other, lean in until your knees are almost touching. Then, if he moves closer, or if you're just feeling bold, have the tops of your knees touch, or move your knees so that one is on the outside of his legs and one is between them, so you move closer together. Lean your body toward him to make this happen.
Gently brush his cheeks.If you really want to get flirty, wait for the time when the guy has an eyelash or even a bit of food on his cheek. Then, lean over and gently brush it off him, taking care to make light contact with his skin. Linger just enough to get flirty, and move closer to him so he feels you getting more intimate.
- Guys usually like being touched on the cheek because it is soft and comfortable.
Hold the guy's hand.Once you've gotten more intimate, you can reach your hand over to hold the guy's hand when you're standing up. You can hold hands while you're walking, or while you're sitting down and talking or watching a movie. If you're sitting across from each other, you can hold hands under the table or with your hands over the table. Give the guy's hand a gentle squeeze from time to time to keep the flirtatious mood going.
- Though holding a guy's hand is a great way to flirt with him, you should avoid this move unless you're already "together" somewhat -- holding hands in public is a declaration that you're an item, and not all guys may like that.
- Also, a lot of guys just don't like to have their hands held, period, whether you're alone or in public, so be cautious when you try this form of affection.
Touch his chest.If you want to be flirtatious with the guy, you can place one hand on his chest as you're talking and moving closer to him. This is especially effective if he's standing with his back to a wall or if you're in a small, enclosed space.
Touch a Guy to Turn Him On
Hug him from behind.If you want to start , then give him a hug from behind. Stand behind him and wrap your arms around his stomach, bringing your bodies closer. You can rest your chin on his shoulder or press your forehead to his back, depending on your height. Let him feel your breath on the back of his neck. It won't take long for him to turn around and start kissing you.
Kiss the back of his neck.Kissing the back of a guy's neck is another great way to turn him on. To do this, just move up behind him and wrap your arms around him or just squeeze his shoulders, and start gently kissing the back of his neck, working your way over to the sides of his neck below his ears.
- You can also turn around and start kissing the front of his neck, or try kissing the front of his neck when you're kissing in bed and you're both reclined.
Place your hand on the small of his back.Placing your hand on the small of the guy's back, just above his waistline, is another great way to let him know that you want something more. As you move toward him, place your hand on the small of his back and turn to face him, using your hand to draw him closer to you.
Touch the back of his head.The back of a guy's head, just above his neck, is another great spot to turn the guy on. Touch the back of his head when you're kissing or just having an intimate conversation where you're leaning in close to each other and talking. You can also massage his scalp a bit or run your fingers through the hair on the back of his head.
Touch him behind his ear.The area behind a guy's ear is another erogenous zone and touching a guy there, whether it's with the tips of your fingers or the tips of your lips, is a great way to send a tingling sensation up and down his spine. You can stroke the area behind his ear with your hands and even move on to gently touch his ear and earlobes.
Touch the inside of his ear.This is an intimate move that is guaranteed to drive any guy wild. Touch the inside of the guy's ear with the very tip of your tongue. After you do that, you can gently blow in the guy's ear to drive him crazy. If you're not comfortable with putting your tongue in there, then just blowing on the ear will suffice. You can also just graze the inside of his ear with your lips when you're leaning close to whisper something in his ear.
Touch his feet.Touching a guy's feet is another guaranteed way to turn him on. Just gently stroke his toes, run your fingers along the pad of his foot to tickle him slightly, and give him a light foot massage by running your hands along the joints in his toes in a circular fashion to make him go wild.
- Don't do this if he's wearing sneakers and socks -- his feet may be a bit dirty or sweaty at that point. But if you're both in bed with bare feet, go for it.
Touch his skin.Any skin-to-skin contact will turn a guy on. Touch his cheeks, his forearms, the back of his wrists, his forehead, his bare knees, or even graze his lips with your hands.
- Practice good hygiene. Bad hygiene is a turn-off.
- When standing and talking to the guy, instead of standing awkwardly opposite him, stand next to him with your shoulders touching. This allows for easy personal contact without being forceful.
- Try walking beside him. When you start talking to him, put just your fingertips (very lightly) on his arms where the muscles are, only for a moment or two, and let your touch linger very softly, while talking like nothing is happening.
- During conversation, touch his knee, forearm, or hand for a second or two as a natural part of your gestures.
- Don't be too touchy. Ensure you respect his personal space at all times: if he seems uncomfortable, stop touching him.
- Your touch should be firm enough that he feels it but light enough that it feels like a brushing more than a hard touch.
- If you shake his hand, wrap your other hand around his. Linger for just a couple of seconds longer than you normally would while you gaze in his eyes.
- Touching can be used as a way to emphasize a point you're making, such as squeezing his hand when apologizing for something you did to make him feel unhappy.
- Do something kind of playful. You could say, "Most girls like to hold hands like this, but some girls like to hold hands like this," and demonstrate.
- "Trip" and fall into him. He will probably catch you, but be aware that this is more than a gentle touch, and might be unwelcome. If you do plan on doing this one, stage it so that it comes across as completely innocent and be sure he'll be able to catch you!
- Go gentle at first, then gradually get more intimate as you get to know him better.
- Make sure not to touch guys anywhere below the waist, such as the thigh (unless he specifically gave you permission), as this could be uncomfortable or awkward for him.
- Avoid grabbing him if he's talking to someone else––this isn't time for a tug-of-war.
- When you first meet a guy, don't give long, sliding touches since it will be considered coming on too strong causing a negative reaction on his part.
- Unless you're already well known as a touchy-feely person witheveryone, don't touch anyone who has a girlfriend!
- Touch can feel like neediness if you overdo it and may seem as if you're inveigling your way into his affections.
- Some guys are not receptive to touch and might flinch so be prepared for that. It usually isn't personal.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Français: , Deutsch: , Русский: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , Čeština: , ไทย: , Tiếng Việt: , العربية:
Video: How To Touch A Guy To Make Him Want You | 7 Ways To Touch Him
5 Effective Exercises To Get Flat Abs
What Secrets Lie in a Life of Chronic Pain
Best smartphone cameras 2019: iPhone X, Pixel 2 XL, and Galaxy S9
How to Feel Beautiful when You Dont Look It
13 Insanely Delicious Desserts You Can Make In a Mug
How to Make Herbal Tea
Hestra Alpine Pro Narvik Wool Terry Gloves Review – Best Men’s Long Cuff Ski Gloves
7 Surprisingly Not So Healthy Health Foods
Kylie Jenner Admits To Getting Temporary LipFillers
How to Be Okay with Being You
How to Choose a Pet Guinea Pig
8 Delicious Ways to Eat Your Probiotics